Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot receive call but can make call

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using cucm 11.5.  i am not able to make to a particular phone from any other ip phones it says"Call cannot be completed you dialed..." but outgoing call from that number works fine. i checked partition and css it is good. 

please advise possible reasons ..

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That's CSS and partitions, you need to double check your config. Aside from that, replication issues which would prevent the right config to be used.
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Can you be more specific on "replication issues"

Hi there

DB replication issues with your CUCM. You can login to RTMT, CLI or Unified Reporting to check that. 

As Java mentioned first place check the partition of the phone and make sure it’s added in the CSS of calling phone. Also check any Unassigned numbers under Route Plan Report

To check DB status

1. At the console or SSH terminal execute “utils dbreplication status” and let it run for a few minutes. 

2. Use RTMT  to make sure the replicate state was a “2” for all devices. 

Unified Reporting Tool.

1. Go to https://<yourpublishernode>/ccmadmin and logon
  2. From the Navigation drop down list, choose “Cisco Unified Reporting”
  3. You are sent to a new page, on the left click on “System Reports” to drop down the menu
  4. Select “Unified Database Status”
  5. To generate a new report you must click on the bar graph icon in the top right of your screen. 
  6. When generating a new report, the main screen will show a progress bar
  7. After the report is completed you can view the following to get an idea on replication health:
    1. Unified CM Database Access
    2. Unified CM Database Status

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi there

DB replication issues with your CUCM. You can login to RTMT, CLI or Unified Reporting to check that. 

As Java mentioned first place check the partition of the phone and make sure it’s added in the CSS of calling phone. Also check any Unassigned numbers under Route Plan Report

To check DB status

1. At the console or SSH terminal execute “utils dbreplication status” and let it run for a few minutes. 

2. Use RTMT  to make sure the replicate state was a “2” for all devices. 

Unified Reporting Tool.

1. Go to https://<yourpublishernode>/ccmadmin and logon
  2. From the Navigation drop down list, choose “Cisco Unified Reporting”
  3. You are sent to a new page, on the left click on “System Reports” to drop down the menu
  4. Select “Unified Database Status”
  5. To generate a new report you must click on the bar graph icon in the top right of your screen. 
  6. When generating a new report, the main screen will show a progress bar
  7. After the report is completed you can view the following to get an idea on replication health:
    1. Unified CM Database Access
    2. Unified CM Database Status

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Java is talking about replication between cucm nodes being broken.  If you have multiple cucm servers in your cluster and you make changes from you pub they might not replicate properly to other nodes in the cluster.  Also if phones are registered to two different nodes one might not see the other as being in a registered state. You can check replication in your cluster by doing  Utils dbreplication runtimestate from cli on each node. You should see a status of all 2s.  I would start however with posting your calling search spaces and partitions assigned to each dn. Screen shot them for review. Also save you config and make sure to apply config to the phone. I find some phone types need this reset to pull the new config sometimes.