cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant make international conference call on Cisco phone by putting conference code

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

hi 

i have Cisco phones at office , my problem is i received a conference call we conference code by email as invitation 

i dial the international number (Holland for example) normally and then the answer machine requesting me to put the conference code , so the local answer machine (Egypt) said this number is wrong please check number .etc

why i cant put the conference code to join the call and  the local answer machine reply this number is number and the international call is already on hold waiting for conference code to join 

Note: i dont have landline , im using Vodafone sim card on our ip central system because we dont have landline infra and boxes in our building

thanks

amr alrazzaz
71 Replies 71

Enable the following and collect the logs after reproducing the issue -

debug ccsip message

debug ccsip error

debug ccsip non-call

debug voice ccapi inout

debug voip vtsp all

debug vpm signal

Hi there

debug ccsip messages could be the best one to troubleshoot further. Do a test call and get those

Just want you to try these. Since you already changed the dtmf relay, just wondering did you do a do a create profile under voice register global.

Also try switching it to dtmf-relay rtp-nte or dtmf-relay sip-kpml sip-notify. Do a  create profile under voice register global.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

yes already create profile 

now to track the calls u said debug ccsip

which one should i choose and when should i do this (*when im calling)

Router#debug ccsip ?
all Enable all SIP debugging traces
calls Enable CCSIP SPI calls debugging trace
dhcp Enable SIP-DHCP debugging trace
error Enable SIP error debugging trace
events Enable SIP events debugging trace
feature Enable feature level debugging
function Enable SIP function debugging trace
info Enable SIP info debugging trace
level Enable info level
media Enable SIP media debugging trace
messages Enable CCSIP SPI messages debugging trace
non-call Enable Non-Call-Context trace (OPTIONS, SUBSCRIBE etc)
preauth Enable SIP preauth debugging traces
states Enable CCSIP SPI states debugging trace
translate Enable SIP translation debugging trace
transport Enable SIP transport debugging traces
verbose Enable verbose mode

????

amr alrazzaz

Hi,

You probably need to enable logging first.

conf t

logging buffered 4096

logging monitor 

logging monitor debug

end

debug ccsip messages 

term mon

Try to make a test call amd post the output 

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

thanks but sorry there is nothing after enable logging and no errors found or i dont know no output found 

any how i cant put the conference code after dialing international number to join the conference 

the screen of cisco phone doesnot show the digits when i type during the international calling to join the conference

????

amr alrazzaz

Hi,

After logging enabled did you activate the debug ccsip messages and than the command "term mon"?

Did it show something?

If yes, please post the output.

And yes.. after the call is established with the conference bridge, the phone does not display further digits.

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

dear please check the o/p of the call 

just to tell u again many thanks for helping me 

amr alrazzaz

Hi, 

You are most welcome!

Can you please also share your actual configuration?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Hi there

I suspect this could be a phone issue. I assume you are using 7821 with 10.1.1 firmware. There are some DTMF related bugs with 7821/10.1.1. Please give a shot to upgrade the firmware to one of the fixed versions and see the behavior. Some fixes, you might need to open up a TAC.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup15348

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup15348

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

so the update fix this issue and ill be allow next time to put conference code during international call following with hash ???

thanks

another thing the link u sent has two verison which one should i choose i downloaded both 

cmterm-78xx.12-1-1-12.k3.cop.sgn

cmterm-78xx.12-1-1-12.zip

also the upgrade will erase the phone profiles and configurations or just overwrite ?

how also to upgrade by the way ? steps

amr alrazzaz

can i also upgrade only one ip cisco phone manually through tftp by choosing the destination (ip address of phone) or what ?

did the upgrade will effect on the router configurations ? or it will erase data or something loss?

amr alrazzaz

xmldefault.cnf.xml for 7821 not exist sip78xx.12-1-1-12  so how can i download this firmware to phone directly only one phone to test the issue by using alternative tftp server ?

amr alrazzaz

Hi there,

My bad. The bugs which I sent was for CUCM. For CME you can download the zip files and it contains all the files and load. The procedure is outlined in the below link

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/68244-PhoneLoadUpgradeCCME.html#configs

I dont think you can individually upgrade one phone on CME. You can refer to some workarounds mentioned on this post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/single-phone-firmware-upgrade-in-cme/td-p/2924145

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

thanks alot boss . now

1- i cant upgrade only one phone for testing (using tftp alternative)

2- if i upgrade the cisco phone to new firmware on router using tftp , what about the old one which       already installed on router ? it will over write ? and which time should i upgrade ? during working hours ? so users doesnt effected with normal internet connection ?

3- also it will not erase any of my router configuration ? just need to make sure

4- about the latest firmware of cp 7821 with cmterm-78xx.12-1-1-12 i dont have the XMLDefault.cnf.xml included with the same model inside the file ?

5- last things need steps of how to upgrade on router 2911 ?

thanks alot for great helping 

amr alrazzaz

Hi there

I dont think you can upgrade the firmware for a single phone in CME, however you could try this

1. Download the 7821 firmware to the flash
  2. Configure tftp-server flash: <filename>.ext  under config mode.
  3. Under Telephony-service define the load for the phone type. (without .loads)
  4. Reset the 7821 phone
  5. Once the phone load is upgraded successfully, revert to old config
  6. Once testing you can reset the phones and it goes to old firmware

Firmware upgrade neither wipe off the router config not overwrite the current firmware. You can get a backup and do this. If the sites are really critical get a maintenance window period for the activity.

How to upgrade firmware CME 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/68244-PhoneLoadUpgradeCCME.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!