cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 7.0.X Migrate License for version 9 in UCS

Hi

We have ccx 7.0.x and we are going to move to ucs servers

i will not do any migration , but i will start a fresh installation in the ucs

My question is how i will migrate the license from the ols ccx to the new?

I dont find anywhere the lic files

Regards

cc

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gather the existing license files and email them to licensing@cisco.com requesting they be rehosted to the new MAC or License MAC (show status from CLI). Be sure to mention that it is a virtualized install; they must generate a different license file for bare-metal vs. virtual installs.

If you don't have them you wouldh have to work with licensing to find them before rehosting. I believe they can locate it based on the existing MAC address of the MCS server. If not, you would need the PAK codes which act as software serial numbers or the Cisco Sales Order number.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gather the existing license files and email them to licensing@cisco.com requesting they be rehosted to the new MAC or License MAC (show status from CLI). Be sure to mention that it is a virtualized install; they must generate a different license file for bare-metal vs. virtual installs.

If you don't have them you wouldh have to work with licensing to find them before rehosting. I believe they can locate it based on the existing MAC address of the MCS server. If not, you would need the PAK codes which act as software serial numbers or the Cisco Sales Order number.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.