cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX prompt audio format

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

When I use Audacity to record greetings for Unity Call Handlers, I can export them as WAV 16-bit. I can upload the file and it plays successfully. If I do the same for a CCX prompt, it does not play - just noise is heard. I've ended up downloading an existing prompt, such as 7333, renaming it to 7334, upload that and re-record the greeting with the Call Center Maintenance line, then delete and rename the prompts accordingly for the new one to be in effect.

I've tried different formats using Audacity to record prompts, I wonder what format I should be using for CCX?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

8000Hz, mono, WAV (Microsoft), U-Law

View solution in original post

You have to set the Project Rate to 8000Hz before recording audio.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

8000Hz, mono, WAV (Microsoft), U-Law

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

I saw that documented. Audacity can specify 8000Hz mono and when exporting U-Law, but If I record a new file and choose 8000 Hz and export it, the prompt plays extremely slow, as if a fraction of the original speed. I then downloaded an existing prompt, opened it with Audacity, 'cut' then existing audio and re-recorded. The format when opening was Mono 8000 Hz 32-bit Float. I exported what I recorded as U-law. That played successfully.

So I 'think' the 32-bit is relevant. I thought I tried that before, but maybe I didn't actually apply that formatting to the file before exporting. 

Thanks for the reply.

You have to set the Project Rate to 8000Hz before recording audio.

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, thanks - the version of Audacity is different than the one I have at home. Found the setting for the sampling rate and set it to 8000 Hz before recording. 

I use an online tool - it's not mine, but it works great.
You can see the code it uses to convert it yourself.

https://kernelmanic.com/call-manager-and-asterisk-audio-converter/

Interesting - I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: