Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Hold beep notification time

Hi,

I have a client who wants " Please set hold beep notification to every 90 seconds, it currently beeps every 10 seconds when anyone is on hold."

Where changes are to be made?

System version: 8.5.1.13900-5
Please advise, how can this be done?
Any help would be appreciated
10 Replies 10

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

Hi -

You can find this setting under Service Parameters

System -->  Service Parameters --> Clusterwide Parameters (Device - General) --> Tone on Hold Timer

Regards,

Les

Les,

There is a list of options in service parameters, which option is to be selected?

Ha ha - not enough coffee  --  I missed that in my note.  Choose Cisco CallManager then search for Tone on Hold Timer.

Les,

The parameter value has value 60 already and suggested value is 10. 

Customer is still saying, " Please set hold beep notification to every 90 seconds, it currently beeps every 10 seconds when anyone is on hold."

How to change that from 10 to 90 secs?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rohan,

I just wanted to add a note to the great tips from my friend Les here (+5)

I think your client may actually be referring to the Hold Reversion Notification timers as shown in the attached clip;

Hold Reversion Timers in the Service Parameter Window

The following timers in Cisco Unified Communications Manager specify the alert operations for hold reversion:

• The Hold Reversion Duration timer specifies the wait time before a reverted call alert gets issued to the phone of the holding party.

• The Hold Reversion Notification Interval timer specifies the frequency of the periodic reminder alerts to the holding party phone. For example, a duration timer setting of 20 and an interval setting of 30 means that Cisco Unified Communications Manager will issue the first alert after 20 seconds and a reminder alert every 30 seconds thereafter. The hold reversion feature activates when the hold reversion duration timer times out (after 20 seconds).

See the “Configuring Hold Reversion Timer Settings” section on page 25-14 for the hold reversion timer configuration procedure. At installation, the value of the hold reversion duration timer settings specifies 0, which means that the feature is disabled. The hold reversion duration line settings remain empty.

From;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fsholdrv.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, 

I tried to find " Hold Reversion Timers in the Service Parameter Window " but there is no such timer.

I have found only Hold Reversion Duration and Hold Reversion Notification Interval

See the attached image.

As always - Rob's info is well laid out and explained very clearly +5

I wanted to also add that the timer I was referring to is not applicable to H323 or SIP devices (see timer notes below.  So, if you are testing this as an ingress call via and H323 gateway for example you will get tone every 10 seconds. 

I would do some testing and find out which scenario you are trying to fix.  SCCP phone to SCCP phone will act different than H323 gateway to phone etc.  It might not be something that you can adjust.

This parameter specifies the number of seconds between every two hold tones that are played when a call is put on hold. This parameter does not apply to H.323 or SIP devices. For other non-MGCP-based devices, if this value is 0, the held device will play the hold tone only one time when the caller is put on hold; if the value is 200000, no hold tone plays; otherwise, the held device will play the hold tone every so many seconds (specified by this value) repeatedly. If the specified value is less than 5 seconds, the device will raise it to 5 seconds. For MGCP-based devices, the hold tone is disabled if this value is 0 or 200000; any other value will enable the hold tone on MGCP-based devices when the caller is put on hold.

Hi Rohan,

Those are the two settings I was referring to (under the title of Hold Reversion Timers in the Service Parameter Window) , but I don't see how they could be coming into play as the Hold Reversion Duration timer in the Service Parameters window is set at 0 which disables the system-wide setting so it would have to be set at the DN/Line level which you can check as well.

I would ask the client to clarify what exactly they mean in their initial request ie;

- do you mean, when you put someone on hold the phone will beep every x seconds to remind you about the "held" call? or

- when you put someone on hold, how often the caller hears a tone on hold beep?

Cheers!

Rob

It’s how often the caller hears the beep tone that needs to change from 10 seconds to 90.

How to change this timer?

I am not getting any way to set this up.

If This is H323 scenario then what is to be done to change this timer?

What should be done in MGCP for this timer?

Not this:  when I put someone on hold the phone will beep every 10 seconds to remind me about the "held" call.