cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change timezone for one phone

Joli Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

We are running call manager and one of our users moved from one location to another.  She will still keep the same DID and extension.  The problem is that her phone is still picking up the timezone from her old location.  How can I change the timezone on just one phone?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can create a new Device Pool and assign this phone to the new Device Pool. In this Device Pool you will need to specify the corresponding "Date/Time Group" and "Region".

Hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Other than a new DateTime Group in a unique Device Pool, as far as I know there is no other way to do this.

SIP Phones get their time either from CUCM itself or from a PhoneNTPReference that it learns from CUCM, and SCCP phones get their time from CUCM. Even if you SSH into the phone and change a setting (like NTP reference) I think it would get overwritten the next time the phone boots, if not before.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can create a new Device Pool and assign this phone to the new Device Pool. In this Device Pool you will need to specify the corresponding "Date/Time Group" and "Region".

Hope this helps,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies