Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Unity CLI Administrative Account Name

I added a sub to create a cluster with our Unity Connection 12.5.1 server. However, I used the wrong/different CLI account name.  I can log into the CLI fine with the other name, but I can't figure out how to change the account name so it matches the original Unity server.  I know I can add a matching account, but the account created during installation has privilege level 4, while any account I create from the CLI can only have privilege level 0 or 1. And because of this, I cannot access Service Management on the Unity Connection Serviceability page, because it states that the user account created during installation (of the original server) is locked out.

2 Replies 2

Unless something has changed, you cannot change the username of the OS account created at installation. You can change the password, but not the username. 

If you go through the password recovery process, you can change (or just set if it has been lost) the security and OS passwords. But even then I'm not sure you can change the OS username. If it is helpful, here is a link to this procedure. (It says CUCM but the procedure is the same for CUC):

Reset or Change CUCM OS Admin and Security Password 

Maren

I agree, you cannot change the name of the admin account. @charlebois-christian The sad answer is that you’ll need to reinstall the system and make sure that you create the account with the same name as on the publisher.

Response Signature