Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2901 - Media Anti-Trombone disappearing after reboot

chawkins89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community Support,

We have an issue where internally forwarded calls to external are not receiving RTP, this was rectified by using the following commands:

voice service voip

media anti-trombone

However, even after having saved the configuration the command appears to disable itself after a reboot and has to be re-applied.

The device is a 2901.

The IOS version is: 151-4-M4

Can anyone confirm as I have looked through the documentation on this but have failed to find anywhere that explicitly defines that this command is dropped upon reboot.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Christopher

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sounds like a defect. Can you upgrade to a latest release and see if the issue is still there ? The command was added to IOS starting 15.1(3)T. It might still be new on the code and have issues.

Thank you for the prompt response, if the IOS is upgraded will we need to re-host the license at all to support that version?

Regards,

Christopher

Nope, you don’t need to do anything. Rehost is usually
done when you are moving b/w platforms i.e S/N changes.

Thank you for your response, I will look into getting this done and let you know if it resolves.

Regards,

Christopher
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: