cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 Gateway pots integration to CUCM

TC2013
Level 1
Level 1

I have completely forgot everything I need to do to integrate a POTS line into our CUCM. 

I have 2 pots lines that need to be added to our 2921 Voice Gateway. 
I hope to use slot EHWIC1 that currently has a VIC-2-4FXO module in. port 2 and 3 I wanted to use. 

I added something like this below

dial-peer voice 225 pots
destination-pattern 98T
port 0/1/2

Then on CUCM I went to a particular phone and added a DN 98
I also added a route pattern on CUCM of *98.! with the Gateway selected. 

I am sure I am doing something wrong or forgot to do something I just don't know what ! 

Any assistance will be appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Maybe if you were to outline what you want to achieve it would be easier and more clear to us what you’re asking for assistance on. Sorry to say, but what you’re describing as done makes no sense at all.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, There are 2 analogue lines connected to a outgoing Voip box using sip most likely  ( https://www.innomedia.com/mta6328-2re/ )
 I can connect an analogue phone to those ports and dial out fine.

All I thought about doing is connecting 2 analogue lines to the Cisco 2921 Gateway using Rj11's and then setting up DN's or whatever I need to so that a used can dial a extension like 981 for the one port and 982 for the other port (pots) to dial out using the voip box. 

Secondly it would be to receive calls from either line.

I have cabled 2 analogue lines from one to the other. 

Just can't remember all the steps to do this. Had someone helping do this before.

Your understanding of how this works is not very correct. A user who wants to make a call via a line would not dial an extension set on the FXO port. You’ll need to setup route patterns that points a dial string to the analog port, for example 0!, meaning that the user dials 0 and then the rest of the number he or she wants to call to. For inbound calls you need to configure extensions in CM that corresponds to the number that your Telco has assigned to you. For either of these there are very good documentation on how to configure this. I’m sure that with minimum effort on your end you’ll be able to find this. The forum is not intended to provide you help with how to search for information on internet. Once you have put in the effort to try to find the information and digest it and still needs help then get back to the post with your specific question(s).

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

I haven't played with these setups in 8 years and I'm asking for help to find that resource, I've spoken to a few different companies all so called cisco certified partners and NOBODY can answer me or help with the setup saying my gear is so old so I need to do it.  So maybe you should be telling them that ? 

The documents I've read so far from Cisco make no sense to me at all so and either don't  apply to my my scenario well so all I'm asking is where to find these resources or get help, as you've pointed out in your snarky comments I don't remember well how it works at all because I've only dealt with this once before with some assistance.  I've been reading all week without any clear solution. 

Thanks anyways.

Have you looked at this? Configure Gateways 

Response Signature

Thanks Roger, haven't had a read through this. Only saw this document sent below from Nithin. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give this a read through.