cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco call manager in MCS with 7.1.3.30000-1 and we will move to UCS with cucm 10.5

debasish rout
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts;

Good day.

I have one customer where we have CUCM 7.1.3 in MCS server and we want to migrate to cisco BE7k UCS with CUCM 10.5.

I  have installed the CUCM 10.5 in BE7k and with different IP address.

Now my question is how I will take take teh backup from old CUCM 7.1.3 to New CUCM 10.5.

Is this staraight forward or as I read CUCM 7.1.3 is not compatible with cucm 10.5 so we have to go 7.1.5.

If we have to go to 7.1.5 then do we have to install 7.1.5 in separate VM or we have to upgrade 7.1.3 to 7.1.5 and then backup and upload in new CUCM 10.5.

Appreicate your valuable reply.

Regards

Debashis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can use Prime Collaboration Deployment( PCD) migrate CUCM 7.1.3 to 10.5. Follow the below link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmapMigrate/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051_chapter_00.html

Regards,

Gnan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can use Prime Collaboration Deployment( PCD) migrate CUCM 7.1.3 to 10.5. Follow the below link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmapMigrate/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051_chapter_00.html

Regards,

Gnan.

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Debashis,

There is no way to restore a backup from cucm 7.x to 10.x. You can use either the PCD tool to migrate from MCS based 7.x to 10.x on UCS using Prime Collaboration Deployment ( PCD ).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_010.html#CUCM_TK_R367DAEA_00

Else, you need to follow the Jump upgrade process as explained here

http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/collaboration/docs/jump_upgrade_for_413_715_to_912.pdf

Manish

Dear manish;

Thanks for your valuable reply.

But my concern is the customer has a big contact center and they can't afford any downtime.

Another thing since we have BE7k with preinstalled CUCM OVA and image.

How can I do this?

Thsi si my first UCCE implemention and its big call center with 2k subscriber thats why I am worried.

can I get your numbe rof skype id and preferable time so that i can give you a call for 5 minutes to discuss the same.

My id is debasish.rout@gmail.com

Reagrds

Debashis

Dear manish;

thanks for your valuable reply.

we have the below BOM.

CC-UPG-BUNDLE Contact Center Enterprise Upgrade Bundle
IPCE-AGENTSUPG UCC Enterprise Agent Licenses Upgrade
CON-ECMU-IPCEAGEN SWSS UPGRADES UCC Enterprise Agent
CCBU-LICENSE CCBU License Document
IPCE-PORTALAGT-L License Certificate for Management Portal on Enterprise
IPCE-PREMAGTUPG IPCC ENTERPRISE PREMIUM AGENT UPGRADE
CON-ECMU-IPEAGTUP SWSS UPGRADES IPCC ENTERPRISE PREMIUM AGENT UPGRADE
L-CVP-UPG CVP Upgrade
CON-ECMU-LCVPUPG SWSS UPGRADES CVP Upgrade
L-CVP-1REDPTSUPG CVP 10.x Redundant Ports upgrade
L-CVP-1PTSUPG CVP 10.x Port License upgrade
CON-ECMU-LCVP1PSU SWSS UPGRADES CVP 10.x Port License upgrade
CVP-10X-SRVUPG CVP 10.x Server Upgrade
CVP-10X-STUUPG Call Studio 10.0 Upgrade
CON-ECMU-CVP10XPG SWSS UPGRADES Call Studio 10.0 Upgrade
IPCE-MEDIAKIT UCC Enterprise Media Kits
CON-ECMU-IPEMEDKI SWSS UPGRADES IPCC ENTERPRISE MEDI
CCEH-FINESSE10X-K9 Cisco Finesse 10.x Media for CCE
CCEH-MEDIA100-K9 Media Kit for Unified CC Enterprise and Hosted 10.0
CVP-10-NFR= CVP 10.0 Not-For-Resale
CVP-STU-10-NFR CVP 10.0 Studio Lic for NFR
UCL-UCM-MIG-K9 Top Level Sku For 9.X and Later User License
CON-ECMU-UCLUCMMG SWSS UPGRADES Top Level Sku For 9.X and Later User Lic
MIG-CUCM-ENHP-A Migration to UC Manager 9.x/10 Enh Plus - Less than 1K Users
CON-ECMU-MIGCUCHP SWSS UPGRADES Migration to UC Mana
JABBER-DESKTOP Jabber for Desktop for PC and Mac
JABBER-IM-ADDON Jabber for Everyone Additional IM Users
CUCM-VERS-10.X CUCM  Software Version 10.X
JABBER-IM-RTU Jabber for Everyone Right to Use
JABBER-DSK-K9-RTU Jabber for Desktop Right to Use
UCM-PAK UCM 9X/10X PAK

Can you please tell me how i will get the PCD ova.

I am following this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMrS0hMES7A

Hi Debashis,

You get PCD when you order the CUCM 10.x media through PUT. I am not an expert with part numbers and BOM's but i can see that you have ordered the CUCM 10.x version above so it should include the PCD as well.

Manish

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

+5 to Manish and Gnaneswaran

In addition to their suggestions, you need to know that you cant do DRS to a differnet IP address. The only solution you can use to migrate directly to a different IP is PCD.

So you have two options for this.

1. Jump Uprage ( please read carefully on what you need to do for this) here.. This is to version 9.1.2 but the process is same for 10.5

http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/collaboration/docs/jump_upgrade_for_413_715_to_912.pdf

2. use PCD, as stated earlier this is the only option that allows you to migrate to a new IP address on your cucm.

Please rate all useful posts

debasish rout
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Gnan;

Thanks for your expertise answer.

As I can see from 7.1.3 to 10.5 I can do it.

But my concern is teh customer has a big contact center and they can't afford any downtime.

Another thing since we have BE7k with preinstalled CUCM OVA and image.

How can I do this?

I will really appreicate if you can send me your contcat details so that I can give you a call or in skype for 5 minutes.

my mail id is 

debasish.rout@gmail.com

Hi,

You need build the New setup paralley without distrubing the production setup and do all test. Once the new setup ready then you can bring down the old setup and divert the call to new CUCM contact center setup.

Regards,

Gnan.