cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP7906G

rebelo001
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen, can anyone help me configure the IP Phone CP7906G? I do not think anywhere on the Internet a tutorial that teaches clearly set, the account sip nor guidance on how to edit the information on the machine's directory. Who can help me thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What system are you attempting to connect this phone to?

In my machine using windows 7. Do you know what the file should I edit to enter the information from my SIP account? Also, know if I'll have to upgrade the firmware, and if so, where to download the file? Thank you, Chris, for helping me.

My question was who is your SIP provider? They should have guidelines on what is needed for their connectivity.

I have all the data from my account, for example, sip, server, and other information.

Hi,

You can refer to Cisco ip phone 7906 configuration with Asterisk server. Your SIP provider would have similar configurations but not same if they are not using Asterisk so get in touch with them and validate SIP server.

Refer to Asterisk configuration for Cisco ip 7906: https://sites.psu.edu/psuvoip/2009/09/04/7906-meet-asterisk-the-config/

Thanks!

Kunal

Kindly respond to Chris' legitimate questions.  

What system is the 7906 trying to connect?   CME, CUCM, 3rd Party call manager?

If 3rd party call manager, what are details?  

What firmware is the phone running on?

What does the SIP provider support?  SCCP, SIP, etc?