Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 12.5 aws support

Sandeep Bajaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

Can you help me with designing of CUCM 12.5 on AWS?

Also if you have some useful links please provide it ?

Sandeep Bajaj 

27 Replies 27

As far as I know cucm isn't supported on aws or azure. Do you have a
document indicating support on cloud.

Hi There, 

As Jaime, mentioned, it works on vmware cloud but not on AWS, please find below snipet from cisco 12.5 datasheet. 

As Additional deployment flexibility for customer planning cloud migration
  Virtual machines for Unified Communications Manager and Instant Messaging & Presence Service 12.5 may be run on VMware Cloud as a permitted customer-provided 3rd-party-specs-based infrastructure option. This provides a public cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) option. VMware Cloud on AWS is a public cloud IaaS sold and supported by VMware (see cloud.vmware.com for details)
  Supported VMWare version: ESXi 6.7

NOTE: This is NOT the same thing as Amazon sold and supported AWS

reference URL:  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/datasheet-c78-741428.html

Regards,

Shalid 

This is no longer mentioned under the data sheet.

Has this notification regarding VMWare Cloud on AWS withdrawn?

What is mentioned below is what is currently mentioned in the datasheet. Does this mean Cisco has started offering CUCM on the cloud directly?

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Cloud (UCM Cloud)

●   Enterprise-grade cloud calling and team collaboration offered through a flexible subscription model, hosted and operated by Cisco in North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific region, and Japan.
●   Voice, video, messaging, meeting, and mobility solutions with the features and benefits of Cisco IP phones, mobile devices, and desktop clients.
●   Ideal for customers wanting to move infrastructure to the cloud, but who need highly customizable solutions, retention of admin control over applications, and maintaining familiar admin experiences.

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

Correct, as of now, CUCM on VMWare on AWS is NO longer an option.

And yes, UCM cloud has been offered for a few months now, at some point they were both available at the same time.

Reach out to your SE if you want more details on UCM cloud.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

As I understand, Cisco offers Broadcloud also as part of the collaboration flex plan.

How are they different and why is Cisco keeping multiple cloud options? Will one of them be phased out in the future?

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

They're VERY different (UCM cloud and BroadCloud), reach out to your SE if you need a demo or someone to provide an explanation of each one. I'd start by reviewing the data-sheet of each one to get a high level overview.

The last question is not something I can answer.

HTH

java

Is the new BE4000 appliance meant for UCM Cloud or is it a different cloud-managed phone system?

Regards,

Libin Benedict

They're completely different things, UCM cloud is the same old CUCM that has been around for 12+ years, just as a new cloud offering

BE4000 is an on-prem device, which is cloud managed and has been around way before UCM cloud was released.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/business-edition-4000/index.html

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Can you help clarify this for me please:

VmWare Cloud on AWS currently runs on ESX 6.8

Only CUCM 12.5 is supported but documentation says upto Version 6.7

Is the document outdated?

I've logged a case a TAC and had mixed replies so far:

Suggestion 1: Downgrade ESX  !!!!!! in AWS????!!!

Suggestion 2: request Deferred Updates on AWS - not an option if its already 6.8

Can you advise who I should engage to get more complete answer?

Rich

No, documentation is not out of date, reach out to your SE for assistance, he can get in touch with the relevant teams for clarification.

HTH

java

Just wanted to verify this again. There is now NO option for CUCM on VMWare Cloud on AWS? Was there any announcement I can refer to?

Correct, I don't believe there was an official announcement, they just removed it from the documentation as an option.

HTH

java

There was a doc that said 'YES' that has since been retracted. No mention at all now and TAC say 'No' too

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: