This week I have bought two 8832 and we have register in our CUCM v.11. When Phone goes to restart it check for firmware and after that it doesn't start it's stay only in state Connecting and we do not have ping any more.
I check in forum for this problem and one of the solution was below.
1. Disconnect power from the phone
2. Hold the * key while connecting the power to the 8832.
3. After the LED bar light turns ON green and then OFF, you can release the * key
4. The 8832 should proceed to boot from the image in the alternate partition
After this step it's the same issue but I try again and when phone try to restart I said Delay and it goes Online but, this is only temporary solution because Phone will restart in a while and again will go in state connecting.
Active load sip8832.12-0-1-12, we manage to load the last version sip8832.12-1-1-23 but is the same, in display appear only Connecting.
Please could any one can help me.
You need to make sure that the default firmware on the CUCM for CP-8832 is newer than the firmware that is already on the 8832 device.
I was able to register my CP-8832 to my Call Manager 11.5.1 by proceeding like so:
Device power on and boots on default Firmware then receive the new firmware from your TFTP, reboots and goes into "Connecting" mode in a loop.
2) Download and install the latest Firmware for 8832 on Cisco's page. and upload the firmware file to your TFTP server(s).
3) Restart TFTP service on all servers where you have uploaded the firmware.
4) Install Language Pack/Locale if required from this link.
You MUST reboot all servers where you apply this locale in order for it to be functional. Follow this link if you need help installing the package.
5) Verify that your Device Type (8832) is showing the right Load Information under Device>Device Settings>Device Defaults : Dual Bank Information that matches the Firmware you have uploaded before. (This is the Load that will be sent to your 8832 from the TFTP)
5) Connect the CP-8832 and hold * button until the Green led goes off. (This step will load the default firmware of the 8832 and allow you to Register the phone and ask for the new firmware just uploaded in your TFTP.
The CP-8832 will boot, then reboot to apply the new firmware and reboot a second time if a Locale change is needed depending on how you configured your phone. You will see the upgrade process on the Device's page under Status.
Your CP-8832 should now be registred and should work fine.