cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phone 7841 vs 8811

subarayarsooper
Level 1
Level 1

I need the differences between these two ip phones and the similarities between also. Also please tell which model is suitable for now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

One difference that may not be immediately self-evident on the data sheet is how you juggle multiple calls. The 7800 series requires that you use the up/down toggle beneath the display to select calls while the 8800 series uses a second set of buttons on the right side of the display instead. In my opinion, the 8800 series approach is better. The 8811 is for everyone that prefers the 8800 series but can’t quite afford an 8841 or 8851. My general advice to customers is to pick one series or the other so your environment is consistent, ideally standardize on a single model.

Cisco also publishes a comparison table for the major differences.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@subarayarsooper wrote:
Also please tell which model is suitable for now.

Suitable for what application?

Elaborate what features are required: 

• MS Teams
  • Webex
  • Cisco or non-Cisco call manager
  • Bluetooth
  • Touchscreen
  • Video calling
  • Coloured screeen
  • Number of buttons
  • Survivability when thrown at a person

I am just asking about differences.

Please Compare all these features. I need some documents showing about these differences.

You can see that for yourself by looking at the data sheets of both models and making a list of differences. If you’re working for a company that sells this to customers you should be able to get this basic information yourself.

Response Signature

One difference that may not be immediately self-evident on the data sheet is how you juggle multiple calls. The 7800 series requires that you use the up/down toggle beneath the display to select calls while the 8800 series uses a second set of buttons on the right side of the display instead. In my opinion, the 8800 series approach is better. The 8811 is for everyone that prefers the 8800 series but can’t quite afford an 8841 or 8851. My general advice to customers is to pick one series or the other so your environment is consistent, ideally standardize on a single model.

Cisco also publishes a comparison table for the major differences.