Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phone SIP and IPv6 endpoint

Zackan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a Cisco IP Phone that currently supports SIP and IPv6 at the same time?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Check the datasheets ...

Thanks, but if I could figure out with datasheets, I did not come here and ask. 

All of Cisco’s current generation IP Phones exclusively run SIP. And to @b.winter ’s point, the data sheet does list IPv6 (I actually went to look myself). So, what are you asking then?

Links please?

The forum is not here do to the google search for you ... If others can find datasheets in the internet, I believe in you that you can do it too.
One hint: try to search for "cisco 78xx datasheet" or "cisco 88xx datasheet"

I don't ask you Google for me, I ask any expertise to help me if they actually have hands-on experience on these concrete experiment, can you don't be here and try to be "expertise"

@Zackan wrote:

I don't ask you Google for me, I ask any expertise to help me if they actually have hands-on experience on these concrete experiment, can you don't be here and try to be "expertise"

In your original post you wrote this.

Is there a Cisco IP Phone that currently supports SIP and IPv6 at the same time?

IMHO this is not asking for real world experience on the matter, it merely asks for if there are Cisco SIP phones that can do IPv6. On this matter you have got three people in the community giving you the answer.

To be frank you should have been able to get the information you’re asking for by doing some basic reading of available public information, it’s not like it’s hidden from sight, the information is there in plain sight.

Response Signature

Well, that's your own opinion, you think it that way. I will rate your answer as helpful when I see it. Thanks for your reply. 

I searched for “cisco ip phone ipv6” and the very first result was this.

IPv6 Deployment Guide for Cisco Collaboration Systems Release 12.x and 14 

Response Signature

Not just with cisco ip phone ipv6 but cisco ip phone with SIP-enabled

All the models in the list in the document are from what I can tell SIP phones.

Response Signature