cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP phones rebooting at random time

KannikaK
Level 1
Level 1

can firmware be downgraded on cisco IP phone in Webex control hub? 

We are experiencing a critical issue with our Cisco desk phones. Multiple users have reported that their phones are rebooting randomly in the middle of calls I have confirmed the issue started after the firmware update on 08/16/2024 

Thank you

7 Replies 7

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @KannikaK,

1. What is the phone model?

2. What is the current firmware version?

3. How many users are affected by this issue?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

1. Cisco 8851 

2. Software version sip88xx.12-0-5MPP0001

3. 5 users at this moment

Thank you!

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @KannikaK,

This is the sable version and we have many customers using 8851 and other 88xx phone models with this firmware version and did not come across this issue. Even we are using these phone models. The issue could be related to other network elements such as Internet connectivity, LAN network or DHCP IP Pool.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

It could also be a bug in the firmware. Check the basics of course but this should be a Sev2 TAC case - especially if it’s readily reproducible. TAC should be able to force a downgrade in cooperation with engineering but it’s critical that they find root cause so it can be fixed. You can’t opt out of firmware updates forever.

Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for your suggestion. My team had a ticket open last week with cisco TAC for something else and the engineer was telling them about a bug with firmware version SIP88XX.12-0-5MPP0001.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @KannikaK,

Thank you for the details. Do you have bug details? 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I do not! so far, users haven’t experienced any random phone reboots for few days now. Issue might have been resolved itself.