cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Phone- 8851

jayanww09
Level 1
Level 1

I need to set a phone password to my Cisco phone. I have administration password already. 

Any one can call from my phone when I am not in my seat. So I need to put a password for my own good.

Please help me to find a solution.

Thank you,

Jayan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Google 'extension mobility'. 

Using that feature, you can configure the base phone to only be able to dial internally. When you log in, your line settings and DN are applied which can dial externally.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Google 'extension mobility'. 

Using that feature, you can configure the base phone to only be able to dial internally. When you log in, your line settings and DN are applied which can dial externally.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you very much Aaron and Manish , really help full answers. Appreciate and cheers 

Hi

I am not a expert in Cisco CME or VOIP.  Currently our phone system is having an issue. Suddenly 

some phones are unable to make calls. But its showing online. But when I restart the router its

working fine. It is very difficult to restart the router during the working hours. Please advice me to

solve this issue. I have attached 2 screen shoots which will help you to give a solution.

Regards,

Jayan

Hi Jayan,

If the issue gets fixed by a restart of the router then it is most likely not a configuration issue. You should capture the "debug voice ccapi inout" , "show isdn status" during the time frame when the issue is actually happening to allow us to check what may be wrong. Check the status of PRI / port / trunk when the issue is happening, check if there are any CPU or memory spikes during the issue to begin with. You may engage TAC to check for any known issues on the IOS that is running on the router.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish

Thank you very much for the information. Currently its working fine as I restarted the router.

but I just tried your command in CLI and its giving the following output. I attached the

screenshots  which I got. What should be appear if there is any issue in the router, I mean

when I try "debug voice ccapi inout" command in CLI. I only got "voip ccapi inout

debugging is on". and how to check  the status of PRI / port / trunk when the issue is happening ?

Do I have to give certain commands to view those status ? 

Regards,

Jayan

Hi Jayan,

To check the status of PRI you can use the following command:

show isdn status

For analog ports you can use the following

show voice port summary

Debug voice ccapi inout is explained here ,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/h323/14081-voip-debugcalls.html#voipccapi

However, you may post the output on forum in case you need assistance preferably on a new post.

Manish

Thanks Manish, Its really kind of you

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jayan,

The password for administrative settings on the 8851 is the only option available natively on cucm. If you do not want to use extension mobility ( to prevent unauthorized users from using the phone for making calls ) then you can check for some third party customized solutions.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Aaron is correct [+5].

Manish

Thanks Manish :-)