cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco software support service

morten_krog
Level 1
Level 1

Is it mandatory to have the Software Support service on the phones registered on a CUCM?
and what happens if you do not have Cisco Software Support Service on all device licenses in CUCM?
(what rights do you lose)

All my License type is of course in compliance in my PLM

3 Replies 3

Hi Morten,

As far as I know, the call manager support subscription against the number of licenses on your platform. if you do not have any kind of support subscription, you will not get support from Cisco TAC or not able to upgrade to the new versions.

with respect to the phone itself, the phones still work in the set up as long as you have sufficient/appropriate user licenses in your call manager. but you will not be able to raise RMA against the phone if you find it faulty.

Regards,
Shalid

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

You need Software support service [SWSS] while doing  major upgrades say from CUCM 10 to 11. So, once you do major upgrades , you need to have user licenses for that upgraded version.

Suppose before up gradation you have 100 CUWL standard licenses and SWSS for 80 . After, you do upgrade, only 80 phones with 80 CUWL licenses would be working .

Also, while placing the order , you could mention only 80 to be ordered.

regds,

aman

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Look at below link
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/services/portfolio/documents/support-service-qa.pdf.

So basically what you loose is

1) Cisco TAC Support :- Required to analyze any complicated issues or recognize and fix software bugs.
2) Upgrades :- Essential as after few year the current version might be End Of sale/Support and upgrade would be necessary.

Thanks
Haris

Please rate and mark correct
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: