cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA232D Settings to register with CUCM

sfreeberg595
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a Cisco SPA232D to register with my CUCM 10.5 system without any success. I have created a new phone security profile that has digest authentication enabled along with a SIP profile that was copied from the Standard SIP profile. I have added the device to CUCM as a Third Part SIP Device (Advanced) and I have added a new end user with password, PIN and digest credentials. I have associated the device with the CUCM end user and have also associated the user with the device as the owner and digest user.

I see the device as rejected in CUCM and when looking at the trace files from CUCM it appears that the SPA never responds to the digest challenge sent by CUCM.

Does anyone have the settings that need to be entered on the SPA to connect to CUCM? I have tried various settings via the web gui of the SPA but nothing I have entered seems to allow the device to register.

Thank you,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

please confirm these settings on SPA

User ID: Extension Number

Authorization user: END user Username

Password: End User Password

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi Steve.

Please associate the end user with the assigned directory number and try again.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

The end user has been associated with the extension number. 

I'm pretty sure that CUCM is setup correctly, what I am lacking are the settings on the SPA232D that need to be configured.

thanks,

Steve

Hi.

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

That did the trick! Thank you for your help.

I have Line 1 registered with my CUCM server. If I want to register a DECT Line 1 to CUCM will that need to be added as a separate SIP device with another end user associated with that line?

Thank you!

Steve 

Hi Steve.

I would register two separate sip devices.

Also because if you use same credentials to register a second sip device, that will unregister the first one.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi,

I have been having a lot of issues with this ATA. Just cant get it to register to Call Manager.

Proxy server : Do I use my Call Manager TFTP Address or the PUB address?

On what Menu (Voice) What Sub Menu do I enter the details before.

Thanks

This is what I used. In my case I did not want to use the FXS port on the Base unit so Line 1 was disabled. In CUCM the device shows registered to the MAC address of the Base and the SPA302D has the DN/Ext and is working as expected.

Thanks a lot for this. Would be great if Cisco had some documentation. I logged a ticket with TAC. They sent it to their small business team which support ATA's. The small business team said CUCM not supported. Thanks again. Also going to look into the Wireless phones for call manager. Bit expensive but more reliable.

Thanks to your documentation I was able to get this registered, I had to set the proxy to my Sub as my publisher is not TFTP.

Thanks again

a few questions.

1. does the username and Ext need to match

for example: if I have a Ext of 4505 does the username need to be 4505 also? I read in the cisco documentation the username and ext. need to match

2. Can I use e164 numbers, I want to have the Ext be \+10001373000 will e164 format work on these devices, if so any help would be appreciated as I cant seem to get it working with e164 but if I have just a 4 digit ext. it works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: