Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Communications Manager high resource utilization

Hi ,

i am working with cucm ver 8.6 with 4 cucm .

2 sub working has a MOH&TFTP server.

i have webex on premise in the array .

The scenario is when I open audio conference in the WebEx (can open for 140 participate per conf ) and from the DN's in the network calling inside the conference ,at the 50 person in the confernce my operation manager start to send an error critical :

"MTP streams

hardware resource threshold has been exceeded 90 %" on the moh Subs

(the complain was that some calls as disconnected)

after 3 minutes the alert stops itself . I done several attempts to see if it is a onetime error and I see that it append every time that scenario repeat it self .

I looks in the rtmt to see if there is an error but no results .

Can you guys give me some sense to that problem ?

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sharon,

If you are getting this alert only when you open the Webex Audio Conference, then there is a huge possibility that this is a legitimate alert if the MTP resources are indeed exhausting to that level.

I would start from increasing the Call Count to something more 100 maybe or whatever you think is a good figure that can keep it under the threshold of 90% and then increase/decrease it accordingly and see if the problem goes away or not. This can be done by going to the problematic CM server >> System >> Service Parameters >> Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App >> Media Termination Point (MTP) Parameters >> Call Count

Regards

Deepak

HI ,  

Thanks for that it didnot help to increase the count . searching for a mtp checkbox that use for that webex session with zero Resolts. i tooks all the logs from that meeting and i will dig my way to find that.

Hi Sharon,

This sounds like Media Termination Point required has been checked on the SIP Trunk to CWMS. Looking at the configuration reference guide, this should not be the case.

Thans , i check it first the mtp is not check on the trunk . 

Hi Sharon,

Please also check under the SIP Trunk's SIP Profile if "Early Offer support for voice and video calls (insert MTP if needed)" is checked. If so, you should start looking for minor mismatches of Capabilities (which would cause an MTP to be used) between CUCM and CWMS. I would recommend posting CM traces taken of a test conference.

Some things to look for would be DTMF mismatch, or G.711ulaw to G.711alaw mismatch.

Ok. I will look for it...

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sharon,

If software MTP from cucm is being used then you need to increase the value of the following parameter under System > Service Parameters > Select the CUCM server providing MTP > IP Voice media streaming application service

Media Termination Point (MTP) Parameters

This parameter specifies the maximum total number of call parties that the media termination point will support. Each media termination point that is allocated for use will have resources for 2 call parties so that the total number of available media termination point resources will be half the value of this setting. If you increase this value substantially you should consider using a dedicated media streaming node (with Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application activated and without Cisco CallManager activated) to prevent interference between streaming and call processing.
  This is a required field.
  Default:  48
  Minimum:  0
  Maximum:  512

Manish

Hi,

Just adding on more point on what the guys said below. Do you need MTP to be used when running conference. Findout why MTP is being inserted and try to resolve this.