cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connect 10.5.2 - Error create mailbox: An object with the SMTP address (user@domain.xxx) already exists.

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create to mailbox to specific user, but, am receiving the error message:

"An object with the SMTP address (user@domain.xxx) already exists.". I am get not identify where is the problem.

Any have idea to solve this.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
BAT export the existing mailboxes and search for the email address in the resulting CSV file.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. As to do export mailbox using BAT?

Regards,

Wilson

Not sure what your question is now. There is readily available documentation on the Bulk Administration Tool if you're not familiar with it.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx/10xcucsag190.html#77420

Is there a way to change a user's SMTP address for their mailbox without deleting it? I'm running into a similar issue but I know which user is tying up the SMTP address. I've already changed it away from the one I want to give someone else but the server still protests that it is in use. In the past I've circumvented this issue by deleting and recreating. If that's the best way then I'll have to retrieve emails before doing so in some cases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: