Helpful
Replies

Cisco user licencing for CUCM from 8.6 to 11.6 - HELP

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

We are looking at upgrading our cucm from 8.6 to 11.6

I believe the licencing has changed from device to user based licencing.

We currently use mobility for users to log into each phone so each phone as no owner.

We have been told as part of the licencing we need to map a owner user ID onto each phone, is this correct? It seems silly to me as effectively this will be hard to manage and also pointless as we use mobility.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct ? or is there another way to do it?

Many thanks

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's preferred to have owner ID on each phone, especially if a user has multiple devices and you have have CUWL or Enhanced Plus licenses so that you don't waste licenses.  If you have only Enhanced/Basic licenses then it really does not matter that much as assigned or unassigned device will use the same license.  Extension Mobility does not require any additional licenses. 

ccInfra.isb
Level 1
Level 1

HI i we need help we are using CUCM 11.6 and we need to change CUCM Default gateway on PUB as well as on all SUB please confirm will it impact on License or Certificate we already generated further after changing Default Gateway should we restart the CUCM services or reset DB replication. if need reset services please name it thanks

Why are you answering to a very old post, with a question that is not related to the question of the original post?

Changing Default gateway no longer affects the licenses as the licenses are not related to these things now. So you can go ahead and change.

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Recommend you to ask your off topic question to what the OP posted on your own post.

Response Signature