Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VOIP for 32 ip phones

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

Greetings to all,

I am looking for cisco voip solution for 32 ip phones.

Should I go for ISR 4321-V with 32 CME-UL licenses? What all features come with CME-UL licenses? When do I need the CUE-VM or CUE-IVR?

8 Replies 8

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if you dont want voicemail or IVR (scripts) the dont bother with these licenses and only CUE licenses will do

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi @Dennis Mink,

Reception ip phone would need an automated message to be programmed for callers guiding to goto appropriate extensions.

Is this covered in CME-UL license or I need to add CME-IVR license alongwith CME-UL for reception phone?

Is there any doc or video explaining all this in detail? 

Maybe the following post by Bob would be helpful for you:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cme-cue-license-information/td-p/1233309

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Jafar Tavana
Level 1
Level 1
Refer to CISCO description:

IP Telephony Support-Features and Benefits

The Cisco 2800 Series allows network managers to provide scalable analog and digital telephony without investing in a one-time solution (refer to Table 4 for more detail), allowing enterprises greater control of their converged telephony needs. Using the voice and fax modules, the Cisco 2800 Series can be deployed for applications ranging from voice-over-IP (VoIP) and voice-over-Frame Relay (VoFR) transport to robust, centralized solutions using the Cisco Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) solution or distributed call processing using Cisco Call Manager Express (CME). The architecture is highly scalable with the ability to connect up to 12 T1/E1s trunks, 52 foreign-exchange-station (FXS) ports, or 36 foreign-exchange-office (FXO) ports.

Is not 2800 eol

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The CUE-VM or CUE-IVR licenses refer to Cisco Unity Express and you will need them, as Dennis mentioned above, only if you will need to offer Voicemail and IVR ("For Reception press 1, for Support press 2) services on your implementation.

Hope this helps,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Which license is needed for reception to handle incoming calls and forward them based on extension alongwith computerised voice recording telling callers to dial 0 for reception and x for extension etc\.

qiupinglai68022
Level 1
Level 1

建议PVDM4-64,以后可以扩容。路由器做CME就可以了,然后激活配置。

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: