Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco wireless SIP phone 8821 not getting connected to the network

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am adding a new Cisco wireless 8821 SIP phone to our CUCM, but its not even getting IP, I tried to put manual IP but still its not connected to the network. However our Cisco SCCP wireless phones connects to the network and registers properly. Anybody can shed some light on this please.

15 Replies 15

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Describe what settings you have on the phone to connect to the wireless network. 

Is the wireless network Cisco-based?

I am having a Cisco Wireless network and is authenticating using EAP-FAST. I am getting the error 'Wifi Out of Range' and the IP phone is not getting IP address on the phone as well.

Thank you.

I am having a Cisco Wireless network and is authenticating using EAP-FAST. I am getting the error 'Wifi Out of Range' and the IP phone is not getting IP address on the phone as well.

What is the firmware version of the controller and the 8821? 

The issue sounds very much similar to Cisco Bug ID CSCvc52619.

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  

Currently the wireless controller version is currently 8.0.140.0, we upgraded from 7.4.140.0 to 8.0.140.0 but still did not help. We might have to go to 8.2.

Thank you for your response.

We might have to go to 8.2.

No, don't.  Latest 8.2 is 8.2.141.0.   The bug is NOT yet fixed at this version.

The fix to this bug is with 8.2MR5 which is slated for release some time this week (or next).  

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  

Thank you for the update.

ricklefevers
Level 1
Level 1

Me too, we have Aruba Wi-Fi. Other devices connect fine, network been around a long time. We have no issue with 7925, etc.

Were you able to get your Cisco 8821 working with Aruba wi-fi? 

I am also facing the same issue, I am using Cisco Wireless network. I have Cisco 7925 working on the network but when I add Cisco 8821 it does not connect to the network and give me an IP address. It gives the error 'Wifi Out of Range'. Currently the phones are authenticated over EAP-FAST using the same SSID which is used for the Cisco 7925 phones.

Please let me know if you need me to share more information.

Thank you.

Samuel T Mathai
Level 1
Level 1

any update on this issue.. I have same issue with 8821 and Meraki. 

tijuanach
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates on this issue. I am having the exact same issue. 

pbarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I´m having the same issue. My 8821 was in a box unopened for a year or so, waiting for a migration of CUCM from 8 to 12.5.

Now, I want to connect 8821 to my wifi networks (7925 working fine actually) but I cannot connect 8821 using PSK with tkip. No IP , no Wifi Icon, no nothing....

I finally tried converting my SSID (wpa/wpa2 - tkip- PSK) to OPEN for testing, and my 8821 caught signal and registrered with CUCM12.5. Then, the phone got updated firmware from TFTP. Later, I rollback the SSID settings and tried the 8821 again with this new firmware, no luck. So, I decide making a new ssid with static WEP 108bit password just for testing and now the phone is connected against the AP with this new wifi setting. 

At this moment, I need to perform some extra settings for register the phone with CUCM12.5

Hope this help someone...

What's the firmware version of the phones?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: