Views
Helpful
Replies

cme 9.1: defining softkeys on 9971 for multiple lines

Frank Hohenadel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing problems while trying to define softkeys (e.g. transfer or dnd) for the 9971 with cme 9.1.

1. trying to define softkeys by specifying them in the voice register template command doesnt work

voice register template 1

softkeys idle cfwdall redial newcall

voice register pool 1

type 9971

template 1

number 1 dn 1

number 2 dn 2

2. Another issue is the second dn - there I have different softkeys then on dn 1 (call transfer is missing)

Most of the posts here say that its not possible to define softkeys with the template command. Whats the alternative?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Regards, Frank

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

We don't run any 9971's on CME but I did find this an interesting question

The 9971 is treated differently than other models;

Feature Policy Soft Key Control

#

Cisco Unified CME 8.5 allows you to control the display of soft keys on  the Cisco Unified SIP IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971 using the Feature  Policy template. The Feature Policy template allows  you to enable and  disable a list of feature soft keys on Cisco Unified  SIP IP Phones 8961,  9951, and 9971. Table 79 lists the controllable feature soft keys with specific feature IDs and   their default state on Cisco Unified SIP IP Phones 8961, 9951, and  9971.

#

##

Table 79     Feature IDs and Default State of the Controllable Features

#
Feature ID

#

Feature Name

#

Description

#

Default State on CME

#

#

ForwardAll

#

Forward all calls

#

Enabled

#

#

Park

#

Parks a call

#

Enabled

#

#

iDivert

#

Divert to Voicemail

#

Enabled

#

#

ConfList

#

Conference List

#

Disabled

#

#

SpeedDial

#

Abbreviated Dial

#

Disabled

#

#

Callback

#

Call back

#

Disabled

#

#

Redial

#

Redial a call

#

Enabled

#

#

Barge

#

Barge into a call

#

Enabled

#

Cisco Unified CME uses the existing softkey command under voice  register template configuration mode to control  the controllable  feature soft keys on phones. Cisco Unified CME  generates a featurePolicy.xml file for each voice register  template configured. The list of controllable soft key  configurations are specified in the featurePolicy.xml file.   Phones need to reboot or reset to download the Feature Policy template   file. For Cisco IP phones that do not have a Feature Policy template   assigned to them, you can use the default Feature Policy template file   (featurePolicyDefault.xml file).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wp1033669

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Hi, Rob,

thanks for the reply / I found that information already in other posts - unfortunatelyit doesn't help.

The phone loads the featurepolicy1.xml file but does not show the configured softkeys - really strange

Regards, Frank

I realize this is an old thread, but did you ever find a resolution to this?   Running into the same issue.  Thanks,  Mike

Unfortunately not. Seems that this is not working within CME environments

Best, Frank

Hi all,

9971 phones work different from other SCCP/SIP phones in CME. As in CUCM, where they do not follow the "softkey template" rules, in CME they don't follow them either. 

I haven't found an easy way to change the "Feature Policy Soft Key Control", but I got a way, which is to manipulate the featurePolicy<num>.xml

<featurePolicy name="Feature Policy 1">
<versionStamp>0007102403737004</versionStamp>
<featureDef name="Forward All">
<id>1</id>
<enable>false</enable>  <= It was "true" by default, changed to "false" and the key dissapeared.
</featureDef>
<featureDef name="Park">
<id>2</id>
<enable>true</enable>
</featureDef>
<featureDef name="To Voicemail (Alerting)">
<id>3</id>
<enable>true</enable>
</featureDef>
<featureDef name="Conference List">
<id>4</id>
<enable>true</enable>