Views
Helpful
Replies

CME License and max ephones

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 15.4(3)M4 / CME 10.5 on my 3925 router and my sh licence detail cme-srst shows 60 licenses:

Feature: cme-srst Version: 1.0
License Type: RightToUse
License State: Active, In Use
Lock type: Non Node locked
Vendor info: <UDI><PID>NOTLOCKED</PID><SN>NOTLOCKED</SN></UDI><T>RTU</T>
License Addition: Additive
License Generation version: 0x8200000
License Count: 60/0 (In-use/Violation)
License Priority: Low
Store Index: 7
Store Name: Built-In License Storage

1) If the license is honor based, can I simply keep on adding phones (max 250 possble for this hardware) without the need of any additional licenses?

2) I currently have max-ephones configured as 50. Can I simply increase this value to add more SCCP phones?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Libin Benedict

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes, we are not supposed to increase number of phones if we don't have that much license count, you can purchase licenses and keep them with you, no need to install on CME router, its a paper license agreement.

But still, if you want to increase then you can increase this limit by max-ephone xx and max-dn xx commands under telephony service. e.g. if you set max-ephone 100 currently, then you change this value to max-ephone 140.

Edit: And you put a question mark after max-ephone then you will get to know how much phones your cme supports.

Suresh

View solution in original post

Lin, 

To increase the count just increase max-ephone under telephony that will effect the license count as well

lets say if you have max-ephone 40 configure and license 60 is showing in sh licence detail cme-srst. 

if you increase max-ephone from 40 to 100 then license count will be increase from 60 to 120.

Rest if you have take top up the license which is again honored based. There is nothing hard and fast rule its all trust between you and cisco 

-Rajeev

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sami Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Libin,

We all wonder about the "Right To Use" with licenses of SRST. Technically, you can register as many as the hardware allows you to, but the legends say that you must restrict the endpoint you register with the licenses purchased.

This might help clear some air.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12884936/need-know-about-srst-license

Hi Samiulla,

Thanks for your response. I went thru the mentioned discussion.

I am using the CME feature (not the SRST one, I guess that doesnt matter ?) and the license count as pasted above is 60.

How can I increase the license count as I understand that the license is never applied on the router. I have a requirement to add atleast 40 phones for this CME and my hardware can support it easily (max 250 for 3925).

And from Chris's response in the discussion you shared we should match the max-ephones with what we have purchased. So technically we can add more phones, but license-wise we are not supposed to.

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

Yes, we are not supposed to increase number of phones if we don't have that much license count, you can purchase licenses and keep them with you, no need to install on CME router, its a paper license agreement.

But still, if you want to increase then you can increase this limit by max-ephone xx and max-dn xx commands under telephony service. e.g. if you set max-ephone 100 currently, then you change this value to max-ephone 140.

Edit: And you put a question mark after max-ephone then you will get to know how much phones your cme supports.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for explaining.

But how can I increase the License Count as the information I see from sh licence detail cme-srst shows only 60 even if I purchase the paper license.

Besides, if I increase the max-ephone value under telephony-service, will it impact anything like resetting the phones?

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

Lin, 

To increase the count just increase max-ephone under telephony that will effect the license count as well

lets say if you have max-ephone 40 configure and license 60 is showing in sh licence detail cme-srst. 

if you increase max-ephone from 40 to 100 then license count will be increase from 60 to 120.

Rest if you have take top up the license which is again honored based. There is nothing hard and fast rule its all trust between you and cisco 

-Rajeev

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the response. The License value got increased after I increased the max-ephone.

Regards,

Libin Benedict

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: