cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting cordless phone through Cisco cp-7861 like a headset?

slimmy0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've found out how to connect a wireless headset to a Cisco desktop phone, just wondering if I purchased a cordless phone and base would I be able to connect it in a similar way and still remain functional? Wanting to use a cordless phone but required to keep the cp-7861 connected. Can I connect a cordless phone and base through the Cisco phone and use it as I would a wireless headset?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Negative. The electrical characteristics and connector (RJ9 for headset, RJ11 for POTS) are different. Look at wireless DECT headsets from Jabra, Polycom, etc. Wireless phones also use DECT so you’ll get equivalent range. Ask the reseller to include the EHS cable for Cisco phones so the headset knows when there is an active call (i.e., when to go into standby and save battery) as well as call controls such as answer/end from the headset.

Use a Wireless Dect head set as @Jonathan Schulenberg  mentioned. Here mentioned few from Cisco.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/headset-500-series/index.html#~models

NithinEluvathingal_0-1684633871596.png

Note:- The Cisco Headset 560 Series Multibase is incompatible with Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series phones using Power over Ethernet (PoE). Use the external power supply if you intend to connect the multibase.

Response Signature