cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory wrong extension for user

bheft
Level 1
Level 1

When looking up a users extension via the corporate directory on the end user phone, the directory is showing the wrong number for the user. Its actually the user's old number. The number is correct for the user in Call manager, and you can contact the user via that number. It just is showing incorrectly in the directory. 

The call manager is version 12.5.1.10000-22, we do not have active director integration. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

15 Replies 15

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If the user is synced via LDAP, correct the settings for that user in your LDAP.
If the user is a local end user, go to the end user and correct the settings there.

We do not have an LDAP server in use.

In your original post you stated this.

The call manager is version 12.5.1.10000-22, we do not have active director integration. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated”

As @b.winter wrote update the phone number on the end user account in CM.

Response Signature

Excuse my ignorance, but is LDAP or AD the only means to allow the
corporate directory to function? I guess my confusion comes from the fact
that we have never had an AD server, and looking at the call manager LDAP
has never been set up, but the phone directory was working up until about a
week ago. I just simply create end users, add phones with the extension and
they have always appeared in the corporate directory.

The coporate directy is filled with the information of the end user (doesn't care, if they are synced in via LDAP or added manually).
Important is, that it doesn't matter which directory number the user's device has.
So, if you see a wrong number in the corporate directory you have to check the information of the telephone number field of the end user.

When you configure an end user or when you sync users from AD, What ever value on the telephone field will be seen as extensions when searching  from phone corporate directory. If you see different extensions when searching a users from phone corporate directory, check the below field on CUCM  enduser page.

NithinEluvathingal_1-1674069213955.png

Response Signature

The extensions are the same in CUCM.

The screenshot i shared is end-user page configurations and not the extension configuration.

Response Signature

No, I initially misread your post as you had AD, but I updated my response.

As you have local users in CM you change the number information on the end user object in CM. It doesn’t automatically get updated when you change the directory number.

Response Signature

Okay, if that is the case, how do I update the directory or re-sync?

For a local enduser in CUCM: Login to the CUCM admin GUI, go to the enduser page, search the enduser and correct the information.

If you want to know how to do it in AD, check the documentation of the AD manufacturar or ask a colleague, who is responsible for the AD to correct the phone number for that user. But this has nothing to do with Cisco.

Go to CUCM end user page, find the user and update his Telephone Number if its different.

If The end user page has the correct extension, make user that you are searching this user from cooperate directory and not personal directory of the phone.

Personal directory and cooperate directory are two things.

Response Signature

Within CUCM the end user information is correct. However in the corporate directory on our phones is old. It shows users with numbers that no longer associated with the number listed. In fact if press the call button on the user in the directory, it re-directs you to the correct person the number is associated with. This is an issue on all our phones, not just a single user. Its like the corporate directory is out of sync with the main system.

Are you sure that you’re using CM for the corporate directory? Based on your description it sounds like you might have pointed it to some 3:rd party system. If you check in enterprise parameters or on the individual device configuration what is the URL for the directory? Please share screenshots if possible.

Response Signature