cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a "dummy" extension CUCM 7.1.5

bfollmer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I would like to learn some of your best practice tips for adding a transparent extension in CUCM. Without a phycial end devise, my desire is to avoid using DLU's .

Thank you....

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

At our campus we set up lots of Virtual set ups for Faculty that don't

have an office but still want a Directory Number with Voicemail. For these

people we use CTI-RP (CTI Route Points) to create the config without the

need for a physical phones or eating up any DLU's

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Rob,

Would What would be the benefit of creating the Rout Point?  I like to just create a DN, check the box for active, and set the CFA number.  Seems cleaner, but then again, I do not know the pros/cons of the Route Point option (or CTI Port for that matter).  Albiet, both CTI Route Points, and CTI Ports are are free, DLU-wise.

Alternatively, let's explore the option of a translation pattern.  I like to keep all of my extensions as DN's if possible for a cleaner config, but I think it's worth consdering the pros and cons.

Anthony

EDIT: Grammar, Readability

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

At our campus we set up lots of Virtual set ups for Faculty that don't

have an office but still want a Directory Number with Voicemail. For these

people we use CTI-RP (CTI Route Points) to create the config without the

need for a physical phones or eating up any DLU's

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Would What would be the benefit of creating the Rout Point?  I like to just create a DN, check the box for active, and set the CFA number.  Seems cleaner, but then again, I do not know the pros/cons of the Route Point option (or CTI Port for that matter).  Albiet, both CTI Route Points, and CTI Ports are are free, DLU-wise.

Alternatively, let's explore the option of a translation pattern.  I like to keep all of my extensions as DN's if possible for a cleaner config, but I think it's worth consdering the pros and cons.

Anthony

EDIT: Grammar, Readability

Anthony,

your issue will be that the DN will not be "active" if it is not tied to a device, so CTI will let you forward the call to unity, etc.

if you just want a number to forward externally you could use a translation patter, with the CSS for outbound PSTN calls