Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Rules for VoIP Phones on CME 7.0

My company uses a cisco cme 7.0 and an integrated call center. i had a question about creating a rule for a phone. we have cisco voip phones configured to work remote. ie... people can use them in their homes by configuring each phone to connect to our tftp server and then authenticate with the cme.

we want to put some of these phones in Colorado. We are located in Austin. Is there a way to create a rule for each of those Colorado based phones so that when a user dials a phone number, the recieving party will see the # as a Colorado # and not an Austin # where the phone was configured??

thanks for any help or advice

Ray

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Ray,

You can create a new set of dial peers on the CCME configured to translate the ANI to Colorado number and resrict the Ephone accessing these new peers using Class of Restriction (COR) BUT the problem comes in as much as your Austin carrier needs to accept and present the Colorado numbers.

One common issue with this type of config is that any dial peer not configured with a corlist is open for any body to use, so in your case you need to add COR config to your Austin Ephones and dial peers then add Colorado. I am sure you have already considered emergency calls for Colorado.

In honesty this is quite straight forward but need a little care configuring.

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml for details of configuring COR.

If you need more assistance please let me know,

Craig

If this post helps please rate it!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Ray,

You can create a new set of dial peers on the CCME configured to translate the ANI to Colorado number and resrict the Ephone accessing these new peers using Class of Restriction (COR) BUT the problem comes in as much as your Austin carrier needs to accept and present the Colorado numbers.

One common issue with this type of config is that any dial peer not configured with a corlist is open for any body to use, so in your case you need to add COR config to your Austin Ephones and dial peers then add Colorado. I am sure you have already considered emergency calls for Colorado.

In honesty this is quite straight forward but need a little care configuring.

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml for details of configuring COR.

If you need more assistance please let me know,

Craig

If this post helps please rate it!

Another option would be to add a translation profile on the outgoing dial-peer toward the PSTN that translates whatever block of extension are being used by Colorado-based users. As Craig indicated though, this will only work if your telco provider does not filter ANI values.

For example, if Austin users are 4000 and Colorado users are 5000 you could do this:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /4...$/ /512555\0/

rule 2 /5...$/ /720555\0/

voice translation-profile PSTN_Trunk_Outgoing

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 5 pots

translation-profile outgoing PSTN_Trunk_Outgoing

destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits 11

Jonathan,

That's a really neat solution, my thoughts were focused on stopping the remote site ring 911.

But this is far easier to configure and maintain, I would still use COR but only configure it on the local phones and emergency dial peers to make absolutely sure no emergency calls get routed to the wrong location.

My hat is off to you, 5 star solution.

Craig

I will see which works better for me. I'll create the rule. The phones for the Co users will be config'd on austin's cme before being shipped to them. Thanks for the fast excellent solutions!!

Sent via IPhone

Oh right, 911 blocking. Another option for consideration: CME 8 added a new concept called Logical Partitioning Class of Restriction (LPCOR). It was originally designed to satisfy Indian telecom regulations; however, it has a really nice ability to block based on subnet. So, any phone registered from a Colorado subnet could be denied access to the 911 dial-peer. Alternatively, you could white-list only the Austin-based subnets.This would be a little more fool-proof and require less manual upkeep of COR list assignment.