Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE configuration - 2 SIP trunks one Provider

kpintens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

is it possible to configure 2 SIP trunks to the SBC of one SIP provider?  The SBC has the same IP address and the only difference between the trunks would be the credentials.

On a CUCM I can not add a second user in the same sip realm, so the customer is, finally and luckily, going away from the concept of terminating the trunks on the CUCM. I have never configured SIP (H.323-PRA person) so I would really appreciate some input.  I have found the docs for CUBE configuration but the ones I read has 1 trunk to the provider.

Also can I place the CUBE across an extended ethernet connection (layer2 connection), if yes any issues with HSRP or constraints regarding the RTT?

Thanks in advance

Koen

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

May I ask what benefit does this offer you? Of course on gateway you can have multiple dial-peers to the same destination. I just don't know what benefit you get since you are pointing to the same SBC. CUCM will not allow you to add multiple trunk to the same destination ip address.

Please rate all useful posts

CUCM does allow it, you can change the port number

but I can not create two users in the same realm on CUCM

Okay, thanks for that. But what do you gain by routing to the same number but on different ports? I am just curious to know what you stand to gain from this

Please rate all useful posts

2 SIP trunks for redundancy

Are you going to have 2 SIP trunks to the same hardware for redundancy? What happens if that hardware dies - what good does this redundancy serve?

Please rate useful posts.

then it is provider issue

I can re-formulate my question

can I have 2 authenticion names in the registrarin the same SIP realm?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: