Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE MS Teams Direct Routing and ZFB

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone out there has setup a CUBE with MS Teams connected and also with ZBF configured? We have a VPN Router (Cisco 8200 series) which has ZBF configured and we also want to add MS Teams config to it. However I am struggeling with ZBF rules and policies and there is only one-way audio working. Audio from MS-Teams to the CUBE is not working. However, I can establish a call and I am connected to MS Teams direct routing.

Does anyone know how to setup ZBF policies to accept MS Teams traffic?

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Other than assuming you have all the correct subnets of MS and ports / port ranges allowed, I guess you better ask this questions in the Security forum (for me, your problem isn't really a voice issue in the first place).

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

My intension was, that I may find someone who has a running setup with MS Teams direct routing on a cube and also ZBF active thats why I posted it in this Collab forum.

But if you say, you have one-way audio, this probably means, you don't allow the whole / correct IP / port ranges in you FW config.
As the call is succesfull, the problem is not the signaling. So, it's not a SIP problem.
That's what I mean, the problem doesn't seem to be related to the Voice part. You probably have a problem in your FW part and I would probably work without the FW config. That's why my suggestion was to post your question in the Security Forum.

Which IP / port ranges are allowed in- and outbound?
And which way has no audio?
Have you taken a packet capture and checked with wireshark, if the packets are there at least? If you see packets in Wireshark, then I even more would say, you have a problem with your FW part.

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

That's a firewall issue all day long.

Here's the Microsoft doc which outlines which ports need to be allowed:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-plan#media-traffic-port-ranges

If you're also restricting on source port (labelled in that doc as "Defined on the SBC"), the range of ports your CUBE operates on can be found by issuing the command "show voip rtp connections".