Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 7.1.5 to 10.5.2SU3

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade CUC 7.1.5 to 10.5.2SU3. Everything goes well except a Partition Unaligned error message. I know the unaligned error is due to using a wrong OVA but my final version is 10.5.2 and the OVA I used is 10.5.2 as well. Here're the upgrade steps that I use:

1) Create a new VM with OVA 10.5 (CUC_10.5_vmv8_v1.ova, 5000 users
2) Change the network adapter to E1000
3) Install CUC 7.1 (Boot_CCM_7.1.5.iso) with the same IP address and name of the production server
4) Make a backup version 7.1 production
5) Restore the backup to the newly installed server
6) Install License 7.1
7) Upgrader to 8.5.1.17900-11 version using UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.17900-11.sgn.iso
8) Switch Version 7.1 8.5
9) Install the COP file ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.cop.sgn
10) Install the COP file using ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn
11) Install CUCM 10.5 (1) SU3 using UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.2.13900-12.sgn.iso in the inactive server partition
12) Switch Version 8.5 10.5 (1) SU3
13) re-edit the network adapter to VXNET3

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

MK

16 Replies 16

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have correct RHEL version set ?

OR, You can install cuc 10.5.2 on a new VM using it's ova and restore backup from existing cuc (unaligned partition), all will be well.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

I have the RHEL set by the OVA which is version 6 (64bits). Isn't the right one?

Thanks,

MK

Hello MK, that's correct. 

Hi Suresh,

I reinstalled the CUC 7.1 using the OVA 10.5.2 and still getting the Unaligned Partition error message. Am I receiving this message because 7.1 is not supported on VM. If there's no other solution, I guess I am going with your recommandation which is installing cuc 10.5.2 on a new VM using 10.5.2 OVA and restore backup from existing CUC (unaligned partition).

Thanks,

MK

Thanks guys,

Yes Suresh, this is what I meant;

1) Intalling 7.1 with 10.5.2 OVA (Lab)

2) Backup from Production 7.1

3) Restore into the CUC 7.1 (Lab)

4) Install licences

5) upgrading to 8.5.1 

6) Installing ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.cop.sgn

7) Installing cisco.version3-keys.cop.sgn

8) Upgrading to 10.5.2.13900-12

9) Backup from 10.5.2 (Partition Unaligned)

10) Install a new 10.5.2 with it's OVA on a separate VM

11) Restore the DRS file backed up from Unaligned Partition in to the freshly installed 10.5.2

I am trying to avoid COBRA because I need to go through CUCM and CUC integration before being able to import from COBRA.

Thanks,

MK

MK, this restore/upgrade plan you have planned is perfect and will give you the desired results.

Also, you will not require Cobras in this scenario as well.

Regards

Deepak

Hi,

I have my CUC at version 10.5(SU3) with Unaligned Partition(CUC_Lab1).

In parallel, I built another 10.5 (SU3) with its OVA 10.5 (CUC_Lab2).  

Did a backup from CUC_Lab1 but when I go to restore it to CUC_Lab2, it shows no file available.  The back up file is not even visible from CUC_Lab1.

Has anyone experienced such an issue?

Thanks,

MK

Please make sure that the backup device you are adding on CUC_Lab2 is indeed the one that you used to do the DRS backup for CUC_Lab1 in the first place.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

I am not even able to restore to the same server that I took the backup from. I am derinitely using the same backup device.  Please see the attached file for details.

The screenshots look OK. Can you please verify that you are indeed opening the CUC OS page and they trying the restore. How about taking a latest backup and then trying to use that for restore. Also can you check what is the Number of backups to store on Network Directory is set to for the Dell_Bankup Device Name.

Regards

Deepak

By CUC OS page do you mean Disaster Recovery page? How would I access the restore wizard from CUC OS page? I tried to take another backup but the result remain the same. Although I see the backup file is available in my SFTP server the restore wizard doesn't seem to see the backup file.  Before upgrading from 7.1.5 to 8.5.1, I installed 7.1.5 licenses but didn't install 8.5.l licenses before upgrading to 10.5.  Could that be the reason?

Thanks,

MK

Sorry my bad MK, it was a typo I meant the DRS page. I don't think that will be a reason, maybe it is time to contact TAC and involve them.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Suresh,

I reinstalled the CUC 7.1 using the OVA 10.5.2 but still getting unaligned parition error message. Am I getting this message because CUC 7.1 is not supported on VM? If there's no other solution, I guess I am going with your recommandation which is installing  cuc 10.5.2 on a new VM using ova 10.5.2 and restore backup from existing cuc (unaligned partition).

Thanks,

MK

You would get the unaligned partition error message even though you have used Cisco-generated OVA template since CUC 7.1 installation is not supported on VMWare. 

To save time you can do a fresh install of CUC 10.5.2 on a new virtual machine and restore data using COBRAS.