cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 in 180 day demo mode :- How many users can I add ?

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry if this sounds like a repeat qestion, but I spent about an hour trying to figure out the CUCM licensing but still cant seem to figure it out.

I have a 180 demo license for CUCM 10.5.2 (which perhaps means no license in Prime Licensing)

What are the limitations of this license ? How may users / devices can I add ? (I am only familiar with the old style licensing)

I was also trying to figure out the new CUWL Pro license and at first it looked like this allows unlimited users ?

But then I came across something like a unit count where 20 instances = 1 port .. Can someone please shed some light on this ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

UCM9.X/10.X installs and can operate without any licenses installed and remains in
this ‘demo mode’ for a 60-day period.

For demo/evaluation temporary licenses, customers should access the www.cisco.com product license registration page to request temporary licenses.

Fromwww.cisco.com/go/licensing, select ‘Get Demo’ to request Demonstration and Evaluation Licenses.  Select ‘Unified Communications Products’ and the product demo licenses you are requesting.  Here is the direct link:  https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/demoPage

For CUCM and Unity Connection v9.x/10.x, this issues 20 CUCM CUWL PRO, 20 CUC CUWL
PRO, and 5 TelePresence Room licenses.  This
is component CUWL PRO licenses for CUCM and CUC and is not full CUWL PRO
entitlement.

Referred link:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/uc/blog/2014/05/30/cisco-unified-communications-manager-1051-now-shipping

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're using the default demo license, that would only last 60 days, not 180. You would only get 180 if you installed a license file on your PLM.

Which one is it?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Its definitely the 180 day license, but no license was actually installed !

Just the ISO image was deployed on a VM.

I believe there has been a change from the 60 day to 180 day license in CUCM 10+ ownwards, but again I am not sure.. 

Cisco Prime reports that its a demo license but shows no details.

Also, on CUWL licensing, I seem to have made some progress, but wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

If I but a ONE user license for CUWL Standard and a 1 year SW for ONE user, does this mean I am entitled to get a ISO image for CUCM 11 ?

The cost is shows as $375, but I am not sure if this license will also give me the Bootable Media or not... CUWL seems to indicate that it offers the entire product either for 25x users (for PRO) or for a Single user for Std.

One user alone is not much use, but for a LAB env its a start and then more CUL license can be added I guess.

Thanks

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

UCM9.X/10.X installs and can operate without any licenses installed and remains in
this ‘demo mode’ for a 60-day period.

For demo/evaluation temporary licenses, customers should access the www.cisco.com product license registration page to request temporary licenses.

Fromwww.cisco.com/go/licensing, select ‘Get Demo’ to request Demonstration and Evaluation Licenses.  Select ‘Unified Communications Products’ and the product demo licenses you are requesting.  Here is the direct link:  https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/demoPage

For CUCM and Unity Connection v9.x/10.x, this issues 20 CUCM CUWL PRO, 20 CUC CUWL
PRO, and 5 TelePresence Room licenses.  This
is component CUWL PRO licenses for CUCM and CUC and is not full CUWL PRO
entitlement.

Referred link:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/technology/collaboration/uc/blog/2014/05/30/cisco-unified-communications-manager-1051-now-shipping

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

Thanks,, yes that is it.

However, I think what happened is that the CUCM 10.x server was in 180 day demo mode, but I think that would not allow any users to be added.

Then I added the licenses from the Cisco website and Now I have 20x CUWL PRO licenses as you mentioned.

I am not 100% sure if I would have been able to add users even if I was within the 60 days.. as I did not try and already installed the demo licenses, I cant go back and check :-(

However, I used to get 2 error messages on the top of the screen when I logged in to the CUCM admin screen. 

Now I get only 1 after applying the demo license (The other error is for the call home not being configured)

Thanks

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe there is no limit as such, in demo mode all features can be tested and you can add phones as per system limit.

I have done installation of many users in demo mode on version 11.X as the was delay in license procurement.

Didn't face any issues expect the warning about license expiry.