cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 VMTools Not Running (Current)

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Moving servers to BE7K w/ 6.5 installed; ran OS installation, did DRS restore.  Servers seem to be running normally, just noticed that VMTools is saying it's not running (Current).  I tried changing os secure to permissive; running through the installation.  That appears to go through fine, and it is fine until i change os secure back to enforced and reboot the server.  Subsequent reboots put the status back at Not Running (Current).  I've tried using utils vmtools refresh as well as checking the option to upgrade on power cycle from w/in the settings for the VM, both with the same result.  Am I missing a step?

5 Replies 5

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hi @mumbles202

Do you also try the interactive method?

Right-click on the virtual machine that you are upgrading:

Choose Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware ToolsRadio check > Interactive Tools Upgrade

Click on OK

Login to CUCM CLI:

Enter the command > utils vmtools upgrade

The server will reboot. Once the server is up, verify if the tools status has been to OK.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Yes, I actually tried that method first(used refresh rather than upgrade thoith). The tools install fine and shows correctly in the VI client, until I change the os back to enforcing and reboot the server. I reboot the server to see what the behavior would be like on reboot. The server still runs fine but wanted this to display correctly if possible. 

Got it sorted using the cop file for both CUCM and CUC and that fixed the issues.  

You sand you used a COP file to fix the issue.  May I ask what COP file that was?

amanchau
Level 1
Level 1