cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5

Tony C
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, looking for any feedback from someone that has deployed CUCM 12.5.  Is it buggy?  What has your experience been?

I'm planning an upgrade from 11.5 to 12.5 and would like to head into it eyes open.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

In my opinion 12.5 is less buggy than 11.5. We’re on SU3 and it works without any major issues.

Response Signature

Thank you, Roger.  Upgrades always make me a little nervous so I appreciate your input.

You’re welcome Tony. Worth knowing is that you would need to plan for an extended period of time for the upgrade as it’s a refresh upgrade that updates the OS and will require a few extra restarts than normal.

Response Signature

Hello Tony,

We have upgraded from 11.1 to 12.5 (SU3) and during the period of 8 months. Definitely looks like a more stable version without any noticed bugs (at least until now).

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Tirtha Tripathy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

CUCM 12.X runs on CentOS and but below CUCM versions run on RHEL. 

You can chose for N or N-1 version as per your preference.

Every Product has open and resolved caveats. Release notes provide this information, hence best to review once.

For stable longevity release, please check the download with a Golden/Yellow star.

Please make sure we have correct hardware / ova specifications / network(ex. IP/NTP/DNS..) to avoid any future platform related issue.

Most information is documented in Install and Upgrade guides.

Regards,

Tirtha

Regards, Tirtha
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: