Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2 clean up

karthikvish2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to do a cleanup on my CUCM 6.1.2 to reclaim DLUs by deleting unused phones. Is there a way to get an exportable list of "Unregisterd phones"? I can't find any way do do this. RTMT give you this information but its not exportable.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Karthik,

Your logic seems fine :

List of ALL phones List of 'unregistered' phones List of 'registered' phones = List of 'unknown' phones

You can use the same 'show risdb query phone' on each call processing server, and filter out the registered phones (unregistered phones will show up with 'unr' in the list)

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gmendivi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Karthik,

I understand you want to delete lines and phones which are not registered on your Call Manager. Unfortunately there is not a tool that will help you get this task done automatically.

You will need to select the phones you want to delete and do it manually from "Device ---> Phone" page. Something you need to be aware is that every time you delete a phone, the line does not get deleted. For example:

You have line 123 assigned to phone ABC. When  you delete the phone ABC, line 123 remains "unassigned". In order to delete the line, you need to go to "Call Routing ---> Route Plan Report". Search for "Unassigned DN" and you will find the extensions that used to belong to phones or any other device but are not assigned to any. From that same menu, you can delete those "unassigned" lines.

I hope it helps,

German

On way I try and search for unregistered phones to run a "show risdb query phone" and look for lines with "unr" for unregistered.

In addition to Joe's suggestion, I found that phones with Status 'Unknown' don't show up in the 'show risdb query' output.

You can do the following query on the Pub, to get the list of phones on the CUCM database :

run sql select name from device where name like 'SEP%'

You can then run 'show risdb query', to get the list of registered and unregistered phones (not to mention rejected and partiallyregistered ones). The phones that don't show up in the 'show risdb query' output, but do in the sql query, are the ones you could remove from the database.

- Sriram

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your help. But I still have a few doubts.

The 'show risdb query' - returns list of unregistered phones (but not 'unknown' phones)

run sql select name from device where name like 'SEP%' - returns list of ALL phones

I am wondering how this would help me filter down the 'unknown' ophones. I still need to have the list of registered phones.

Here is the logic I am thinking:

List of ALL phones List of 'unregistered' phones List of 'registered' phones = List of 'unknown' phones

Correct me if I am wrong here.

Assuming I am correct, the only other requirement at this stage to complete the equation is list of 'Registered' phones. Is there an sql query that returns a list of 'Registered' phones. I raked my brains but could not figure out.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Karthik,

Your logic seems fine :

You can use the same 'show risdb query phone' on each call processing server, and filter out the registered phones (unregistered phones will show up with 'unr' in the list)

- Sriram

Hi Sriram,

Excellent..Thanks. Problem solved.

Hi sriram,

Did you get a chance to look at this?

Appreciate your help.

karthikvish2000
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your replies. I will try and let you how I went. Thanks.