Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 unable to receive inbound calls from pstn

Looking at a Callmanager 6.1, mgcp PRI which stopped receiving inbound calls. Outbound calls and internal calls work.

Inbound calls ring once at the phone, caller gets dropped. ISDN debugs show call is dropped with  Cause i = 0x80A9 - Temporary failure.

show mgcp statistics shows CreateConn failed increasing every time there's an inbound call.

callmanager says the PRI gateway is registered.

This seems to have started after a power outage, so don't know if the router config wasn't saved, or if the Callmanagers publisher/subscriber got corrupted or something.

10 Replies 10

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

restart the voice gateway

then reset the gateway from CUCM setting page

and try it

assuming it used to be working fine thats why i am not considering codec mismatch for example

you might try to reset ( shut and unshut) the PRI line itself from the voice gateway

hope this help

shabeebmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

Im facing the same issue.. happened after the power outage.. im thinking the E1 card may have become faulty..

http://groups.jonzu.com/z_cisco_mgcp-to-pstn-0x80a9-temporary-failure-solved.html

im not sure though..

Please let me know if you have any solutions for this.

Regards

Shabeeb

Hi Shabeeb,

Did u tried to remove the E1 controller and fix it again back to the gateway on the same module and in different module also. Please try that it may help some time.

Regards,

Venkat A

Dear Venparaj,

I did that already. Also i did it with a completely different router and completely different E1 card (just incase we have a faulty hardware). Still the same error. Contacted the ISP and raised a compliant. They said everything is OK from thier side.

Right now, im online with Cisco TAC..

I was just wondering, does Transcoder/conference bridges have anything to do with this scenario.. if yes, HOW???

also only few of my ICT trunks works.. this is a disaster...

Thanks..

Hey,

I fixed the issue. We had this command along with the mgcp congiuration in the VGW "mgcp fax t38 inhibit"

Once we deleted this command and resetted the basic features, it started working fine..

The problem was that all incoming calls and outgoing calls was being converetd into a fax signal and then being sent to the Telco.. The telco was not able to understand this call.  Similarly, All the incoming calls, after hitting the gateway was being converted into t38 fax protocol based dignal. Hence the call drop.

It took us almost 7 hours to figure this thing out.. 

Have fun and rate this comment if it helps you in anyway..

Regards

Shabeeb 

Hey,

I know that this is super old but I just had the same scenario as you. Power outage and then no inbound calls. Could you help me out with this man, I am like super new to cisco and have no one to help me out here. 

Alberto,

is your Gateway MGCP controlled as well?  in which case, check if the E1 is registered in CUCM, if not, reboot it.

if still no go, check your serial interface and see if serialx/y/x/0:15  is down.

if you want you can debug isdn q921 and see if you are seeing anything come from your Telco.

if still unsucessful; book it out to Telco

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Alberto,

You can always open a new post rather than activating such an old thread to get more attention to the issue.

In your case as well if the gateway is MGCP then first you need to check the status of MGCP PRI's or analog ports on cucm gateway page. If it shows registered there then on the gateway CLI check the output of "show ccm-manager" and "show isdn status".

Output of "show ccm-manager" should show the gateway as registered with one of the cucm servers, if it is not then please share the running config and the output of above two commands. Also, for the "show isdn status" , it should should "Multuple_Frames_Established" for layer 2.

If your setup is different then do share the gateway and protocols and the versions involved.

Manish

Hi,

I have H.323 Gateways

This is the device information. 

H.323 Gateway
H.225
IPv4 Address: 10.10.10.1

and everything on the incoming calling and called party settings is set to default. 

Thanks A Lot!

This articla save my bacon today sir, and for that I thank you!