cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 Extension Mobility service button not shown when log into physical phone mismatching profile model

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi IPTEL gurus,

Would appreciate your help with the following issue:

Running CUCM 9.1(a) with SCCP 8945 and 6945 phones.

Physical devices have Extension Mobility service assigned to last phone button and the button/service works fine.

Phone profiles defined with the same service assigned to the last (4th) button.

The issue is that Extension Mobility service button is not shown on phone screen when you login into a phone model not matching the profile model (for example, profile is 6945 SCCP, physical phone is 8945 SCCP).

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Boris

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The feature you are trying to use is called extension mobility equivalency. This works only with certain model of phones. From what you have described it is not supported with the combination of the 6945 and 8945 models. I have looked at the feature guide documentation and I cant find any documentation that shows that these models can share EM profiles..SO you will need to configure seperate profiles for each phone model

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91.pdf

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The feature you are trying to use is called extension mobility equivalency. This works only with certain model of phones. From what you have described it is not supported with the combination of the 6945 and 8945 models. I have looked at the feature guide documentation and I cant find any documentation that shows that these models can share EM profiles..SO you will need to configure seperate profiles for each phone model

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91.pdf

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks, that was really helpful.

Again, it's a one more feature Cisco IPTEL solution lacks.

_____ Please rate helpful posts Пожалуйста оценивайте полезные сообщения

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Boris,

I'm going with my good friend Deji on this one (+5 "D" )

Here is the CUCM 9.1 info;

Extension Mobility equivalency

Cisco  Unified Communications Manager enhances the existing  Extension Mobility (EM) equivalency mechanism to work across phone types as follows:

Feature Safe on Phone Button Template - For both SCCP and SIP   protocols, the following Cisco  Unified IP Phone models support the Feature Safe feature: 7931, 7941,7941G-GE, 7942, 7945, 7961G-GE, 7962, 7965, 7975.  For the SIP protocol only the following Cisco Unified IP Phone models support the Feature Safe feature: 8961, 9951, 9971
Size Safe on Phone Button Template - For both SCCP and SIP protocols, the following Cisco  Unified IP Phone models support the Size Safe feature: 7906, 7911,   7931, 7941, 7941G-GE, 7942, 7945, 7961, 7961G-GE,  7962, 7965, 

The enhancement works for all phone models that are equivalent and requires no administration tasks to activate.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0110111.html#CUCM_RF_EDCB3C30_00

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: