cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM & Alert-Info with Bell-Coredr2

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,  I have a ticket open with Grandstream for thier DP750/720 cordless VoIP DeCT devices on my CUCM 11.5 cluster.  Background is that no matter what a customer sets as the ringtone on the handsets, incoming calls ring using the system tone, which is the tone you hear in your ear when you are placing calls, not receiving them.

Yesterday I sent them a pcap and thier response is below:

Rob,

Finally, I was able to reproduce the issue reported after replicating the information in the trace you attached last time. Teh reason the ring tone does not play is due to the fact that the CUCM sends the header Alert-Info with Bell-Coredr2 which over-rides the ringtone selected from the handset.

Is it possible to disable the Alert-Info header and test again?

I am not seeing anywhere in CUCM where I can disable this.   I wouldn't want to disable it at the enterprise level, only on the 10 devices if I can.  any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I raised a ticket with Grandstream and sent a PCAP - They said it was in the INVITE request the Alert-info header was set to Bellcore-dr1 ringtone and this needed amending in call manager. 

I set up a SIP normalization script to remove the header but that didn't work. 

I checked further and found an Ignore Alert-info header setting in Grandstream GUI. Changed this to Yes and it worked. 

Profiles>Profile1>SIP Settings>Basic Settings>Ignore Alert-Info header - Change to Yes. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

stuart.gleaves1
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get anywhere with this? I too opened a ticket with grand streams and did the pcap. I got the same response as you. 

NOPE.  Still doing that same **bleep** thing, and have been updating firmware every time it comes out in hopes that they fixed their schit lol.  Their helpdesk is not so helpful.

I raised a ticket with Grandstream and sent a PCAP - They said it was in the INVITE request the Alert-info header was set to Bellcore-dr1 ringtone and this needed amending in call manager. 

I set up a SIP normalization script to remove the header but that didn't work. 

I checked further and found an Ignore Alert-info header setting in Grandstream GUI. Changed this to Yes and it worked. 

Profiles>Profile1>SIP Settings>Basic Settings>Ignore Alert-Info header - Change to Yes. 

If you need to pass through or set the Alert-Info header for your Grandsteam devices you could do  something similar to what I did for Spectralink:  http://technologyordie.com/cucm-sip-normalization-and-transparency-scripting-example

- Be sure to rate all helpful posts

Hi. Side is not accessbile. Could you please share it again please ? 

Thank you. 

baris-ks
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to solve issue writing below normalization script. 

M = {}

function M.outbound_INVITE(msg)
msg:removeHeader("Alert-Info")
end

return M