Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CP-69xx Phones

Have a customer that need to upgrade to 14.0 but has a bunch of the CP-69xx phones in the network.

The release notes say:

"The following table lists Cisco endpoints that have reached the End of Support date, but which are not yet deprecated. Unlike deprecated endpoints, you can still deploy these endpoints in the latest release, but they are not supported actively, are not tested, and may not work."

Can anyone comment on how well they work or if there are any problems?

6 Replies 6

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Richard,

You may face some issues or not. The best path to follow is to replace them.

I saw some enviroments at 12.5 for example that these phones were in end of support but they worked very well.

Examples: 7911G, 6921, 6941, 8941, 7937G

At the end of the day if you have issues on this IP Phones and open a case with Cisco TAC they will say that you need to replace them.

Other point to think for example if in a 14.5 version Cisco deprecated this IP Phones.

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Leonardo,

What I am hoping is that they will work.  Customer has already been told that in the long run, these will need replacement.  Maybe I just upgrade them to 12.5 now and plan another upgrade to 14.x once the phones are replaced.

There are no .5 releases coming from 14 and onwards. There will only be SU releases within the .0 release.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They should work with whatever was the last FW released for them, but no new functionality will be added, and as only non EOS/EOL devices are actually tested with newer CUCM releases, they cannot guarantee you won't have any sort of issues, ideally they should work fine, but if TAC deems any issue you find is related to the HW/SW of the 69xx you won't get a fix.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

They will likely work as well as in 12.5. It’s in general a really crappy phone model IMHO.

Response Signature

they were probably sold as a "cheap" phone and when price is king, it works.

thanks