cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CUC Auto Attendant

john.m.gladden
Level 1
Level 1

My organization wants me to set up a new Auto Attendant. We are using CUCM and CUC 11.5. Basically they want a simple option menu. Example "For network A and B issues press 1, For all others press 2" Both options point to hunt list (different hunt lists of course)

In the CUCM I set up a CTI Route Point and assigned it x0001.Made sure it was in the VM PT and CSS that has access to the hunt lists' and phones' CSS and PT. 

User dials the number and we get the auto attendant. The problem is that when you select the option you get the prompt. "Wait while I transfer your call. Sorry this number did not answer."

I've checked the following on CUC.

• Under Greetings I made sure the "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" is checked.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

john.m.gladden
Level 1
Level 1

Update: It's solved. The CUCM was having issues and I rebooted it during a maintenance window. Thanks everyone for your help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

What about the trunk or voice ports, do they have proper  css assigned which can reach the extension which you are trying to reach ?

Response Signature

Yes they do

The “allow transfers” checkbox only applies to user input (ie the caller’s ability to enter an arbitrary extension that CUC doesn’t recognize); it does not apply to admin-defined options. To reduce the chance of toll fraud, I suggest unchecking that option unless you actually need it. If you do, be certain that your CUC Restriction Tables and CSS are air tight.

Is CUC using SIP or SCCP? If SIP, does the Rerouting CSS also have access to the Hunt Pilot? CUC, assuming you selected an unsupervised transfer, will be issuing a REFER for the transfer - that doesn’t use the normal Incoming CSS.

We are using SIP. The rerouting CSS has access to the hunt pilot.

Alright, then you’ll need to pull CUCM SDL traces to see what happens in the SIP dialog and digit analysis.

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On caller input put the hunt pilot number on Unity under call action “Transfer to alternate contact number.

And transfer type Switch to Release

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Sadav Ansari

IMG_6363.jpeg

john.m.gladden
Level 1
Level 1

Update: It's solved. The CUCM was having issues and I rebooted it during a maintenance window. Thanks everyone for your help.