cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call Pattern not applying

KK_AAI
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to change our "Dial Out" number from a "9" to a "7". To avoid ruining our current settings, I copied the existing call patterns and changed them to start with "7"; however, it seems as though this new pattern is not applying.

Do I need to manually restart the gateway for this to take affect?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use DNA to make sure you're hitting the right route patterns, and depending on the protocol you use in your GW/CUBE and current config, you might also need to adjust the configuration there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use DNA to make sure you're hitting the right route patterns, and depending on the protocol you use in your GW/CUBE and current config, you might also need to adjust the configuration there.

HTH

java

Maybe you could provide some details about your setup to make it easier for us to help you?

Response Signature

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If these are route patterns pointing to GWs/Trunks and you don't strip the digit you would then need to make sure your GW can route calls starting with 7 in addition to starting with 9.  

What are you getting when you dial the new pattern? Busy tone, message, something else?

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Definitely, by checking the DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) you will identify the Route Pattern you are using and if the call is route to the "desired" Gateway. Apart from that, can you let us know about the error message/notification that you get? Is it busy tone or "The call cannot be completed as dialed...? If it is the second then this most probably means that the Route Pattern for this destination is missing.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I'm not sure how to access the DNA using the BE6000 system. It doesn't seem to be listed in the Navigation dropdown like I've seen in other videos/screenshots.

When dialing 9, I immediately get a dial tone. When pressing 7, I need to press an additional number before hearing a dial tone. The notification is the "The call cannot be completed as dialed..." message.

When saving the new pattern, I get the notification: "The Authorization Code will not be activated. Press OK if you want to proceed and activate it at a later time. Press Cancel and check the Force Authorization Code checkbox if you want to activate it now.

I just click "OK" as I do not see a "Force Authorization Code" checkbox. Could this be the cause? I have matched all settings other than the actual Pattern number as far as I can tell.

@KK_AAI wrote:

I'm not sure how to access the DNA using the BE6000 system. It doesn't seem to be listed in the Navigation dropdown like I've seen in other videos/screenshots.

To access DNS https://<IP of CM or FQDN/dna

Response Signature

When dialing 9, I immediately get a dial tone. When pressing 7, I need to press an additional number before hearing a dial tone.

That sounds like you have overlapping with your current dial plan due to 7 already being used.

HTH

java

vince.castro
Level 1
Level 1

good stuff here.... and lots of good suggestions...

converting to 7 vs 9 is fine, but not needed.  is there a reason to go from 9 to 7? 

Ok...

Either all your Router patterns has to begin with 7 or your translations.  i agree the DNA is the best solution to find out what CUCM thinks is the best and alternate routes.  this will tell you where it is modifying and what pattern it thinks is best to use.

If you use Translations you can convert all the 9.  (9 dot) to the new 7. (7 dot) and have the translations typically just a few or handful strip the x. (x dot) from the TP and then have the Route patterns kick in after that.

Now if you have Router patterns with 9. (9 dot) convert those to 7. (7 dot) you would have to add a "Called Party Transformation" pattern to remove the 7. (7 or 7 dot).

Now if you don't do any of those and have the Route List doing that you can also do the same as you would on the Router pattern on the Route list.  what i'm saying is the router list is also another location to modify the called party.

i prefer to do that on the Translation patterns side, granted you're in North American and do 10 digit dialing.  Dialing 7 or 9 or any number for that matter is from the old PBX times and moving to CUCM is not necessary.  Anyways use Cisco CUCM best practices to really standardize your cluster.

The reason for changing from a 9 is due to employees accidentally dialing "911" at least once a month. I reached out to the MSP that assisted in installing out phone system and they advised that I needed to make changes to our Voice Gateway as well.

This was all good information and I appreciate the input from everyone.