Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM LDAP Phone number sync

Hello)

I saw that CUCM can sync field called "phone number" from LDAP. Can I set it to user's phone in CUCM? So that I could chnge all numbers in my office from LDAP?

3 Replies 3

kaseyking
Level 1
Level 1

You can change all the CUCM directory entries from LDAP if if was synched.  Not the actual Directory numbers assigned to the phone.  The LDAP Directory synchronization is for directory lookups and presence information.  It does not directly control the extension numbers (DNs) of the IP Phones.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/directry.html#wp1044824

Kasey

david sain
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with Kasey.  The LDAP phone number that is synchronized is only the number that appears in the Corporate Directory.  The field it is synchronized can vary as ours does using AD.  In our case, the Phone number is what Jabber uses, and the SIP number is what is synchronized with the Corporate Directory.  This does not effect the DN (Directory Number) assigned to the phone.

The requirement can be resolved using a 3rd party custom application "MARS AD CUCM Provisioning"

Please refer to attached document