Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM (License) upgrade from 12.5 to 15.X

thomas.lutz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running CUCM 12.5, CUP 12.5, CUC 12.5, UCCX12.5 and I want to upgrade to 15.0
I'm reading Upgrade and Compatiblity Guide.

I have HCS UCM, HCS Unity Connections Smart licenses running until 2025 with no Version mentioned.
Can I just Upgrade CUCM, CUP, CUC without a license upgrade?

I can download CUC 15.0 update but for CUCM 15.0 I don't have en entitelment.
Why does my entitlement for CUCM 12.5 not work?

UCCX 12.5 seems to be the current Version, so no Upgrade neccessary?

regards,

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the license in your Smart Account doesn’t mention any specific version, it means they are not version-restricted. Furthermore, if your licenses are valid until 2028, you are entitled to upgrade to any version that Cisco releases until that year.

Regarding downloads, they are contingent upon the contracts you’ve attached to your profile.

Lastly, please verify in your entitlement portal MCE whether your order is visible.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

If the license in your Smart Account doesn’t mention any specific version, it means they are not version-restricted. Furthermore, if your licenses are valid until 2028, you are entitled to upgrade to any version that Cisco releases until that year.

Regarding downloads, they are contingent upon the contracts you’ve attached to your profile.

Lastly, please verify in your entitlement portal MCE whether your order is visible.

Response Signature

thomas.lutz
Level 1
Level 1

My licenses are only vaild until 2025.

Can I use CUCM15 oder only 14?

Have you read, what @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote?
If the license in your Smart Account doesn’t mention any specific version, it means they are not version-restricted. Therefore, you are entitled to upgrade to any version