Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Limit Video Bandwidth

chr.rachow
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

we have an branch office with a 50.000kbps connection to the main office.
I know it is more than enough for 3 calls or a bit more but we would like to check whether it is possible to limit the video bandwidth.
In the callstatics I can see that both MX800 systems the one in Switzerland and the other in Germany uses 1080p with 30 fps.
Correct me if I am wrong but the call should consum only 1472kbps, right?
So why does the system reserve 3072kbps for sending and the same for receiving during the call? 
My first assumption was that I need to multiply 1472 by 2 and need to add 128 kbps for audio. The summary would be the 3072kbps that I saw in the call logs.
But on the firewall in the branche office we saw an utilization of about 6mbps and the G722 Codec with 64kbps in the region.
Do I have a fallacy?

I already created a new region plus a new devicepool for the branche office and limited the video traffic to 4000kbps.
But this also doesn´t change anything. We still see an utilization of about 6mbps on the firewall.

Do I need to change anything else?

Thx,
Chris

1 Reply 1

would be better if u bring some diagram . If u have ios router u can use class-maps to separate video and limit bandwidth.  Use locations to implement call admission control in a centralized call-processing system. Call admission control enables you to regulate audio quality and video availability by limiting the amount of bandwidth that is available for audio and video calls over links between the locations. For more information, see topics related to call admission control in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager System Guide.