Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Modify CSS via bat

Hello Folks!

I'm adding a new office for a costumer into CUCM, this is a regular deployment with SIP gateways on site and a few phones, new CSS, partitions SRST reference, etc.

The problem is that the client does not have a site-to-site partition,  they actually list a internal partition into the internal CSS of all sites..

Meaning that my newly added internal partition for the new site (where the DNs will get created) will have to be added to 220 diferent CSS.

So, Is there a way to add a partition to several CSSs by using CLI SQL queries or BAT?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My question is why do you need site specific partition listed in other site CSSes?

Typically (best practice) you want all internal DNs in global partition as normally you do not want to block calls from one phone to phone at another site. This obviously requires unique DNs across the board, with +e164 or abbreviated DNs.  You can reference the SRND dial plan section for more details.

View solution in original post

Hello Jose,

One way you do this is via going to BAT- export/import and exporting the .tar file for CSS only.

This is available in call routing section.

Once you have the tar file unzip the file and edit the file with required parititions and import it back to CUCM.

Try to follow below proccess and you should be able to do it.thanks

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_C22BD805_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide-90/CUCM_BK_C22BD805_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide_chapter_0111110.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My question is why do you need site specific partition listed in other site CSSes?

Typically (best practice) you want all internal DNs in global partition as normally you do not want to block calls from one phone to phone at another site. This obviously requires unique DNs across the board, with +e164 or abbreviated DNs.  You can reference the SRND dial plan section for more details.

Hi Chris,

thank you for your comment, i understand the best practices.

this client does not have unique DN numbers, they don't use +E164 and they don't want to revisit their dial plan. =(

I'm stuck on either updating this manually or finding a way to bulk update it.

Hello Jose,

One way you do this is via going to BAT- export/import and exporting the .tar file for CSS only.

This is available in call routing section.

Once you have the tar file unzip the file and edit the file with required parititions and import it back to CUCM.

Try to follow below proccess and you should be able to do it.thanks

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_C22BD805_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide-90/CUCM_BK_C22BD805_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide_chapter_0111110.html

Deepak,

thank you for the reply, i will make some tests and advise if this work fine!

more likely i will need to do a overwrite of the CSS ready in place in order to get the new partition added to their list.

do you happen to know if for some reason will it be required to apply the CSS to the phones or if will cause massive restarts / resets?

after all i will change the CSS in place for all phones on this cluster.

If you are going to add only partition to the existing CSS and then import , then i do not think any reset or reboot will occur or is required for existing phones.

Addition of new partition to existing CSS should be immediate.When you are applying CSS to new phones then you might need to save and apply config which is kind of restart or soft reset.Moreover you can test it.

Deepak,

thank you! i will perform tests and once implemented i will advise!

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jose,

Is this some sort of multi-tenant cluster (or at least, treated as such)? As Chris mentions, there are only a few reasons that DNs aren't typically all in one partition.

Is the goal to be able to add this new site's DNs into a partition that all other phones on the cluster can call? If so, simply adding these new DNs into a partition that is already added to all the Calling Search Spaces would do the trick.

Beyond that, manually create the partition and as Deepak suggests, use BAT to add that partition to all the CSSs you want to via import/export. Then you can add DNs into the new partition and it should work.

Alternatively, if the client is willing to revisit changing their dialplan at some point, BAT will be an indispensable tool there as well.

Thanks,

Ryan

(.. Please rate helpful posts ..)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: