cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP REFER-TO Missing

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

We have a customer doing lot of external transfers which ties up their B-channels so customer decided to go with SIP trunks to use SIP REFER options suggested by the Provider so we can release the session as soon as call is transferred outside. Here is the scenario call comes in to ITSP- CUBE - CUCM - then back out from CUCM - CUBE -ITSP. All this works fine except instead of CUCM sending the REFER-TO to CUBE we are seeing a new INVITE and ties up 2 sessions as it does in PRI. Customer has CUCM 11.0 what are we missing to send the REFER back to CUBE from CUCM.

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See

Enhancement to make CUCM send REFER message to transfer calls
CSCui95415

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

As always thanks for your quick response. Is that mean we have no option at all to send the refer back? There is no work around or alternate solution? I can't believe Cisco is not supporting that in CUCM when they encourage to go with SIP everywhere. 

Unfortunately there is no workaround, CUCM can only use a script for REFER pass-through if required, but CUCM itself does not support SIP REFER as explained in the bug.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime. Please can you explain what this means "CUCM can only use a script for REFER pass-through if required".  If a customer has UCCX can they pass SIP REFER through scripting ?

Thanks Jaime. I will look in to this SIP Normalization scripts, I do see one pre-build with "refer-pass through". I hope this will do it.

Likely not. This script is for CUCM receiving a REFER from a SIP trunk and it itself will then pass through that REFER to another SIP Trunk. But, I'm hopeful for you. Let us know.

Sorry I was not able to work on it yesterday. Today I will have some time to test it. I did try briefly on Tuesday before I left it did not work I was not able to see the SIP REFER coming back to CUBE. Is there anyway we can do a workaround/solution  using CUBE with TCL script or through UCCX so they won't tie up 2 sessions instead of 1? Customer is going to primarily use UCCX for external transfer as some of the options in the script is going to be for ABC support press option X which will transfer the call out to a 3rd party contact center.

Sorry I got side tracked again before the holidays..! Yes,like Anthony mentioned Script Normalization in CUCM did not work. Found a workaround with Unity Cnxn since that supports SIP REFER. It is not feasible solution but something is better than nothing I guess. Hope Cisco will make that Enhancement request work in CUCM 14 this year since more and more clients are planning or looking in to this feature as they move to SIP.

The status of the enhancement is terminated, it won't make it into any release.

Reach out to your SE/AM with the business case for it so it can (maybe) reconsidered.

HTH

java

What did you find in Unity Connection to make this work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: