Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Trunk - Disabling SIP session timer

Hi folks

I am setting up a SIP trunk between the CUCM 11.5 and a system called Rauland (nurse system). There is no CUBE. It is a straight sip trunk between them.

The Rauland team asked me to:

Disable the SIP Session Timer: To avoid sending a re-INVITE from the CUCM, disable the SIP Session Timer in the CUCM.

I would like to make a double check you guys if you know if it is possible to do that in the sip profile level. Does anyone know?

13 Replies 13

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are talking about SIP Session Expire timer, no you cannot disable it. The default that CUCM uses is 1800 seconds. You can increase it to a very high value through the service parameters but this is a global setting and will take effect globally.
You might be able to achieve something with a Lua script for SIP Normalization or with a CUBE but not natively on CUCM AFAIK.
Post your query over at DevNet forums and see if anyone can help you make a script.

Thanks @R0g22

IRVIN_URIEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We are currently working on this CUCM and Rauland integration. Wondering if you were able to disable the SIP Session Timer as requested by Rauland team.

Any input from your side will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance @Peterson Cristovam 

Hi

I used the following SIP Normalization Script:

M = {}
function M.outbound_INVITE(msg)
msg:removeHeader("Session-Expires")
end
return M

Hi Peterson,

Can you send me a copy of the Normalization script file you used to disable the sip session timer.

Thank you.

Jonathan

Hi

I used the following SIP Normalization Script:

M = {}
function M.outbound_INVITE(msg)
msg:removeHeader("Session-Expires")
end
return M

Thank you.

Hey...I know this is an old post, but where did you enter this script? I'm in a similar situation using Rauland with no issue, but they also have Vocera implemented and we are running into session timer issues. Ours is set too high and there's is defaulted to 1800 and apparently can't be changed.

Hello Will

The script we are talking about is the SIP Normalization script.

In CUCM Publisher go to Device > Device Settings > SIP Normalization Script and create a new one.

Once created it is time to apply it into the SIP Trunk(s) you have with the Rauland or Vocera (in your case) servers.

See the attachments.

Thank you sir.

If the problem is session refreshes being INVITE messages (which is the CUCM default), would the Rauland system work if the refreshes were UPDATE messages instead? The SIP Refresh Method can be set on the SIP Profile.

Maren

I'm not sure if this was for me or the original post, but I'm fine on my end. After digging we were able to see that a second invite was being sent after the 422 message, so the issue I'm facing is not CUCM related thankfully. I believe the original issue was resolved also with the script. Sorry for re-opening an old thread. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: