Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Trunk - Disabling SIP session timer

Peterson Cristovam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi folks

I am setting up a SIP trunk between the CUCM 11.5 and a system called Rauland (nurse system). There is no CUBE. It is a straight sip trunk between them.

The Rauland team asked me to:

Disable the SIP Session Timer: To avoid sending a re-INVITE from the CUCM, disable the SIP Session Timer in the CUCM.

I would like to make a double check you guys if you know if it is possible to do that in the sip profile level. Does anyone know?

5 Replies 5

Nipun Singh Raghav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are talking about SIP Session Expire timer, no you cannot disable it. The default that CUCM uses is 1800 seconds. You can increase it to a very high value through the service parameters but this is a global setting and will take effect globally.
You might be able to achieve something with a Lua script for SIP Normalization or with a CUBE but not natively on CUCM AFAIK.
Post your query over at DevNet forums and see if anyone can help you make a script.

Nipun Singh Raghav
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"

IRVIN_URIEL
Beginner
Beginner

Hi.

We are currently working on this CUCM and Rauland integration. Wondering if you were able to disable the SIP Session Timer as requested by Rauland team.

Any input from your side will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance @Peterson Cristovam 

Peterson Cristovam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

I used the following SIP Normalization Script:

M = {}
function M.outbound_INVITE(msg)
msg:removeHeader("Session-Expires")
end
return M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: